Four

"Ab...Abbey..." Slowly, I attempted to open my eyes when I heard a soft voice ringing in my ears. My eyes hurt incredibly as I tried adjusting to the bright light. After the pain seemed to ease, I eyeballed to every corner of the room. The furnitures were extremely vintage and the curtains were of a thin translucent material designed with colorful floral prints.

This isn't my home. Just where have I landed again?

I was screaming internally.

This has got to stop.

"Oh, thank goodness you're awake!" The same voice that woke me up, exclaimed. Turning my head, I stared blankly at two women, before focusing on the person sitting beside me.

"Alice?" I stared at her face, then down to what she was wearing. She was wearing a dress with an inner layer of white laced cloth and a light green outer coating with a bow tied around her waist.

"Whoaaaa Alice! What do you think you are wearing and where the heck am I." I hollered as I continued looking around the room.

"That is no way how a lady should speak!" she screamed, then placing her hands on her hips before continuing, " You are safe at home now and who is this Alice?" She looked at me with a confused expression written all over her face.

"You are!" Alice stared at me with utter disbelief, as if I had just come out from a psych ward.

"Oh dear, I think you must have hit your head harder than I thought when you rolled down the stairs.

Stairs? What stairs?

How many fingers am I holding?" She held 2 fingers from my face.

"Two duh! My brain's in my head, not on the floor. What stairs are you talking about? " I slapped her hands away.

"Okay then. Can you tell me more about yourself?"

I laughed internally.

Is she serious? Well then, I guess I shall just play along with her.

"My name is Ava Winters. My mom is Helen Winters and my dad is Jonathan Winters, both of which you have met. I hate math and language, but I love science and my best friend Alice Grace, which is you." I gasped for air, unaware that I was talking louder than I should be. However, all I got from her was a blank look.

"You know what, I don't have time for games. Things are already weird enough than they should be. I need answers right now. Oh, and don't you think that I am going to let you off that easily when you left me waiting in that cafe for an entire hour. Now tell me where am I, Alice!" My patience was wearing thin by the minute. Even though I love her, she of all people should know that I have a low anger tolerance.

Alice stared at me in horror, as if she had encountered a ghost. "Oh my, it seems that you have indeed lost all your memories! But don't worry, the doctor said that you will recover them in a few days. In the meantime, let me help you refresh your memory."

Is she really serious?!

"Your name is Abbey Wellesley, daughter of General Arthur Wellesley. You just turned seventeen last week. This is your maid Julie and I'm your sister Agnes Wellesley."

That's it.

"Wow Alice, you sure are one good actress." I scoffed loudly. "You know what? I bet there are cameras and mikes hidden in this room right now." I stood up and paced up and down in search for the hidden cameras. Sadly, I found none.

"I guess you're not just a good actress, you're also really good at hiding things." Like a security guard, I stomped towards her to seek for the presence of any electronic devices that she could have possibly hidden in her sleeves or pockets. But still, none was found.