Prologue

Cage, May 22, 2010

The Nephilim ran her hands through her blonde locks as she paced the length of her new prison of eternal damnation. She let out a deep, shaky breath, ignoring the bickering voices from behind her. How had she managed to screw up her life this much? How had she gone from almost graduating college with her doctorate to being locked in the Cage in the pits of Hell with Lucifer and Michael?

"Stop pacing. You're giving me a headache," the younger Archangel snapped.

The blonde scowled and whipped her head around, narrowing her blue eyes into a glare.

"If you're trying to think of a way to escape then there isn't one. We're all trapped."

"Trapped?" she repeated in disbelief, arching a single eyebrow. "Trapped? I'm sorry, but did you not just see Sam Winchester disappear into a bright light from this damn Cage? There's obviously a way out."

Michael rolled his eyes in the corner, his arms folded across his chest. "Obviously something pulled him out but trust me, it'll be back," Michael said.

The blonde furrowed her eyebrows, shaking her head. She didn't understand why it would be back. It obviously wouldn't come back for Lucifer or Michael and it definitely wasn't coming back for her. Heaven was probably throwing a party at the news of her defeat.

Michael sensed her confusion and nodded at the bright white light behind her. "They forgot his soul."

The blonde whipped her head around and her eyes widened upon realizing that her father was right. "No," she whispered. "No!"

With Sam's soul left in the Cage, it was only a matter of time before Lucifer and Michael grew bored and restless and decided to take it out on the only piece left of him. They'd have their fun with Cassandra, too, of course, but Sam's soul was their main focus. With time it'd be returned to him. All three of the celestial beings knew that Dean Winchester would never let his brother run around missing a piece of himself and they knew that he'd do anything to get it back.

Days turned into weeks, weeks into years, and years into centuries. Each day the torture had grown worse, especially after Sam's soul mysteriously disappeared one day. Michael had broken quickly, his only focus and amusement gone. He mostly sat in the corner now, singing show tunes and touching himself, a sight that had been seared into Cassandra's brain for the rest of eternity.

After a hundred years, Lucifer knew that physical torture wouldn't break the Nephilim. She had grown too strong during her time with the Winchesters, but he did know how weak she was mentally. She had many pressure points that he loved to toy with: her sister, her mother, Sam, Bobby, Castiel. But Lucifer had a favorite. His favorite was Dean Winchester. Every memory that he could find he would try and warp. He'd turn him against her or make her watch him die. It was a never ending cycle.

After four-hundred years, Cassandra had grown used to Lucifer's torture.

After seven-hundred years, the Nephilim gave in to his constant offers.

After seven-hundred-forty years, Lucifer disappeared into a bright light, leaving Cassandra and Michael trapped. Although, it didn't last very long. And soon...soon Lucifer would get his revenge with the help of an unlikely ally.

AND IT'S HERE! We have officially started the sequel to Monster. Aren't you excited? I am! Now, personally, I think Monster is a lot better than Deception plot wise, but Deception is written better grammatically and template wise. Let me know what you think as the story unfolds. You guys know I love your comments and I love it when you spam when you binge read.