Chapter 5: 11.13.1 Love Hurts

Sorry for the long wait. I've been so busy with school and testing that I haven't had time to transfer chapters over to Wattpad.

Lincoln, Nebraska

Cassandra stared up at the mansion as the wind whipped her hair around, her lower lip caught between her teeth. She had forgotten about the mansion up until now. It didn't hold very good memories for her, but it did contain powerful weapons.

Would it still be the same after six years? Would everything still be intact or had criminals broken in and stolen everything of value? Maybe the demons found it. Maybe the angels raided it. She didn't know, but there was only one way to find out.

Willing her feet to move, Cassandra made her way up the winding path before pushing the front door open. It was unlocked. It was never unlocked. She gulped and stepped in further, flicking on the light switch next to the door. The bulbs flickered before buzzing to life, sending out an eerie glow. Some had burnt out, and it was a given after six years of not being in use.

Her footsteps echoed in the open room and her gaze unconsciously drifted towards the table where she had first pinned Dean down after fighting him. Her eyes snapped towards the glass case and her heart dropped when she found that it had been shattered. By what, she didn't know. A spell had been cast on it to protect it from intruders, but it seemed that someone figured it out.

She found herself making her way towards her bedroom and she pushed open her door, cringing at the loud creaking sound it made. It was perfectly intact. No spell could overpower the blood spell that Castiel had taught her and she breathed a sigh of relief.

Cassandra picked up a photo of her and Jess and smiled down at it before gently placing it back on the dresser.

Her phone buzzed as she reached for some of her old makeup and she pulled it out, furrowing her eyebrows when she saw Dean's contact picture. She swiped her thumb across the screen and brought it up to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, where are you? We just got back."

"Oh. I'll be there soon. I was just out for a walk. I needed some fresh air," she lied smoothly.

Dean cleared his throat. "Alright. I'll see you in a bit. I love you."

"Love you, too." With that, Cassandra hung up. She took one last glance around her room before disappearing, abandoning the picture of her and Jess.

Cassandra stepped into the bedroom, smiling when she saw Dean unpacking his duffel bag. "Hey, how'd it go?"

Dean jumped and spun around, breathing a sigh of relief when he saw that it was only the Nephilim. He chuckled and shook his head. "I liked the vampires better than the birth control and safe sex conversation."

Cassandra furrowed her eyebrows. "Do I wanna know?"

"Probably not." Dean grinned and walked over to the blonde, resting his hands on her hips before leaning in for a kiss.

Cassandra kissed back instantly, letting her eyes flutter closed as she reached up to cup his face in her hands. "You really need to let me get out there," she muttered. "I'm going crazy in here and I don't like being crazy."

Dean chuckled and nodded. "I promise. Next case you'll be out in the field. For now..." He trailed off, continuing to kiss her.

Cassandra kicked the bedroom door closed before pulling Dean's shirt over his head and tossing it aside, pushing him back towards the bed without pulling away. She had managed to overcome most of her fear around him within the first week and a half, and to Dean she was almost back to her normal self.