Chapter 12: Bitch, Jerk, Diamonds, and Pills

A few days had passed before Dean managed to talk Doctor Roy into discharging her early. He hadn't left her hospital room once and rarely left the bed unless he needed to use the bathroom or eat while she was sleeping. A few times Sam had tried bribing him into helping look for Amara and Lucifer, but Dean just wasn't having it. He refused to leave Cassandra.

While they waited for Sam to fill out the paperwork, Dean and Cassandra lay cuddled up next to each other in the hospital bed. "So, tell me; what's it like being fully human now?" Dean questioned, playing with a lock of her hair.

Cassandra shrugged. "It's only been a few days and I haven't done anything, but everything is different. My senses are duller." She shivered as Dean dragged his fingertips across her jawline and she looked up to meet his gaze. "Except touch. That....that's heightened." She shook her head. "It's weird. I haven't tried food yet, but it kind of sucks because now I have to worry about a regular eating schedule. I can't just wait a few weeks and then stuff myself." Cassandra had refused to eat one thing since she had been admitted to the hospital, claiming that she felt fine. Everyone knew that it was her way of trying to keep part of an old habit from when she had her Grace.

Dean chuckled. "I'll help you get into a schedule. Cas says that everything tastes like molecules to him, so maybe food will taste better to you. You'll also get exhausted faster. Training will have to be shorted once you fully heal. You haven't built up a human tolerance to anything yet."

Cassandra let out a huff. "I hate this."

"I know," he muttered, nuzzling his face into her neck. He pressed his lips against her skin and ran his hand down her bare thigh under the blanket, smirking when the heart monitor spiked. Dean lifted his head. "Am I making you nervous?"

"Like I said; touch is heightened." She gasped when he nibbled on her earlobe and she shuddered. "Holy—"

"Better?" Dean asked with a chuckle.

"I'm kind of scared to sleep with you now," she admitted softly. "I guess it was dull before, outweighed by every other sense."

Dean slid his hand to her inner thigh and pressed a kiss to her lips, his fingers brushing over her underwear. He sighed when her vitals jumped and he pulled away. "Guess we have to wait for the Bunker. Wouldn't want a nurse or Doctor Roy running in."

Cassandra grinned and laughed. "Thank you," she whispered.

Dean furrowed his eyebrows. "For what?"

"For sticking around. I really don't deserve it and you know it. If I were anyone else, you would've killed me already. Somehow I'm different."

"I love you. That's the difference. And, yeah, I'm pissed, but at the same time I understand. It is mine and Sam's fault that you got pulled into the Cage and you have a right to blame us. It doesn't excuse you working with Lucifer and trying to kill us, but I understand. You do have to earn our trust back, though."

Cassandra groaned and clenched her eyes shut, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Oh my god. I got in a bar fight with someone in Lebanon."

Dean laughed and shook his head. "I know. Donnie told me when I went to drink my sorrows away after you had left. I actually found it amusing. I didn't know you could be so badass."

The blonde frowned. "I'm sorry."

"You had every right to pummel that jerk, but maybe you should learn to control your anger when you go to therapy. I don't want to get hit every time we have a petty fight," Dean told her. He rested his forehead on hers and planted a kiss on her lips, closing his eyes.