Chapter 2: "I didn't mean to interrupt or seem creepy or anything."

Almost forgot to update lmao. I hate babysitting. I do it everyday and these four kids drive me completely insane

Men of Letters Bunker, Lebanon, Kansas

January 28, 2016

Shortly after Cassandra's breakdown, they had managed to get her cleaned up and in fresh clothes. Cassandra had grabbed her leggings and a flannel, slipping on the old outfit. She instantly felt better once the warmth of the fabric wrapped around her and she crawled under the covers of Dean's bed next to him. Dean pulled her against him, letting the shivering blonde rest her head on his bare chest.

"Are you sure you don't want your own room?" Dean questioned when she flinched as he reached out to brush her hair back.

She shook her head and let out a shaky breath. "I know it's you. I just—I just have to get used to it. That's all. I'll be back to normal in no time," the blonde assured him.

Dean sighed but nodded, pulling the blanket up further. He started to run his fingers through her hair and her green eyes fluttered closed as she get out a soft sigh. Green eyes. Dean had missed her bright blue irises, but he knew that he could get used to her green ones and learn to love them. It was just an odd sight to him.

"What exactly did they do to you in there, Princess?" Dean asked softly.

She shook her head, wrapping the blanket tighter around her body. "I'd rather not talk about it." It was the truth, really. Despite the fact that Cassandra and Lucifer got along quite well now, she still couldn't forgive him for the torture he put her through. It was something she'd rather not relive and she was having a hard time pushing the memories away every time Dean touched her. His touch was something she enjoyed, but it still scared her.

Dean nodded and looked down to face her, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. "As long as I don't lose you. I can't do that again," he told her. Those were the last words Cassandra heard before she drifted off into a deep sleep for the first time in six years.

Dean didn't fall asleep for another hour. He just laid there, running his fingers through her hair and staring down at her. He was still trying to wrap his head around the fact that he had her back. Cassandra was alive and she was back. Dean let himself drift off when his eyelids grew heavy and he couldn't keep them open any longer. He only prayed to God that this wasn't a dream.

~*~

Sam was the first one up the next morning. He had gone out for his usual jog, briefly forgetting the fact that the Nephilim was sleeping just down the hall from him. He tried not to dwell too much on what had happened the day before. It was a living nightmare, one he desperately wanted to forget. How could he have been so stupid to believe that God was actually back and trying to help him? God didn't help when his son escaped, so why would He come and help when His sister was released from her own prison? What difference was there between the two?

Sam stopped in his tracks when he heard a giggle. He furrowed his eyebrows and turned in the direction of Dean's room, pulling his earbuds from his ears and cocking his head to the side. He swore he had dreamt Cassandra's return. It wasn't possible. Too many things just didn't add up.

"Dean, stop," a feminine voice gasped out between giggles. Sam could hear Dean's laugh echo through the hall and he approached the room, nudging the door open. The blonde squirmed under Dean's touch when he straddled her hips and Sam's gaze drifted down to her sides. Dean was...tickling her.

"What'd she say?"

"I'll never tell," Cassandra whispered, leaning forward.

Dean's eyes wandered over her face before he slipped his hands up her shirt, tickling her sides as he nuzzled his face in her neck; her most ticklish spot.