Chapter 9: 11.14.1 The Vessel

Men of Letters Bunker, Lebanon, Kansas

Two Weeks Later....

Cassandra and Sam sat in the kitchen surrounded by books and a thick silence. Finally, after half an hour, Sam looked up. "Still planning on taking over Heaven and Hell?" he asked.

Cassandra nodded, never looking up from the book. "Yep," she replied, popping the 'p'. She licked her lips and turned the page, only glancing up when Dean entered. She grinned and propped her chin up on her knuckles. "Good morning."

Dean simply ignored her and picked up the coffee pot, turning it upside down over the empty mug when nothing came out. "We're out," Sam told him, never looking up.

"There was a half a bag yesterday!" Dean exclaimed, picking up the empty coffee bag.

"I killed it."

He threw the bag up in the air in disbelief.

"Hey, did you know the Nazis had a special branch devoted to archaeology?" Sam asked.

"Little early for Nazi trivia, especially without caffeine," Dean grunted as his gaze skimmed over the shelves before he made his way to the fridge and pulled it open. Cassandra watched in amusement as he grabbed a bottle of milk and opened it, recoiling at the smell after sniffing it.

"It's called the 'Ahnenerbe'," Sam continued, ignoring his brother's pissy mood. "There were sites all over Germany, and then as the Nazis increased their territory, they started popping in Poland, Finland, uh, North Africa—

"Yeah, how is this more important than our coffee situation?" Dean snapped.

"'Cause I found something. I mean, we need something. Magic. A weapon strong enough to give us a shot against Amara. So, I've been looking outside the lore in history. And I found this: the Vichy Memorandems..."

Cassandra zoned out, distracted by her buzzing phone. She quickly excused herself and snatched it from the table, quickly rushing out into the hall as she answered it and brought it to her ear. "What?" she hissed quietly, glancing over her shoulder towards the kitchen to make sure that neither Hunter was coming.

"This is boring," Lucifer whined.

The Nephilim rolled her eyes. "You're calling me because you're bored? What if one of the boys answered my phone?"

Lucifer cleared his throat. "Hello, Dean. Is Cassandra there? I'd like to speak with her about her powers. I think I found something," he said in a monotone, gruff voice. There was a chuckle from the other line. "Simple."

"What could I possibly do to cure your boredom? I'm kind of busy right now. Y'know, looking for ways to stop Amara and such," Cassandra snapped.

"Come to Hell."

"Excuse me? Are you fucking crazy? I don't want to step within a hundred miles of a Gate of Hell, and if it's never then that's too soon," the blonde told her uncle.

Lucifer sighed. "Pretty please? I'm bored. Besides, I run things now. Nothing will happen. I can help you with your PTSD." He smacked his lips together. "I'll tell you what. If you come down to Hell, I'll cure you of your memories. I know they've taken a toll on you and we can't exactly have you weak. Whatdya say, Blondie? Take the highway to Hell for me? Just for a bit."

Cassandra sighed and rolled her bottom lip between her teeth in thought. She rolled her eyes and nodded. "Alright, fine. Give me a bit."

"Yay!"

She rolled her dull green eyes again and hung up, pocketing her phone. She quickly raced back in the kitchen and poked her head through the doorway. "Hey, I'm gonna run to the store and pick up some more groceries, coffee and milk included. Text me if you need anything." Cassandra disappeared before Sam or Dean could reply.