Chapter 1: Return of the Savior

January 27, 2016

    Cassandra Moore screamed as she pounded her fist on the Cage walls, desperately trying to break it. She blocked out her father's crazy mumbles and continued to assault the warded iron. He wouldn't leave her. Lucifer wouldn't just leave her to rot in the depths of Hell. He needed her.

    "You son of a bitch!" she screamed, kicking the wall. Her blonde locks were wild and her eyes, once bright blue and full of hope, were now dull and green. The woman who once wore a smile now wore a scowl, a murderous glint in her eyes whenever someone spoke of the humans up on Earth's surface. Anytime there was mention of freedom she would go completely ballistic, her temper resembling that of an animal's rage. Over seven-hundred years. It had been over seven-hundred years since she had last seen a face other than her father's and her uncle's. It had been over seven-hundred years since she had last walked the Earth, tasted food, basked in the sunshine, taken a shower or a bath. It had been over seven-hundred years since she last kissed Dean Winchester.

    "Give it up," Michael finally said from his corner, looking up to stare at his daughter with dead blue eyes.

    She let out a growl and spun around to see his gaze locked on her.

    "Did you really think Lucifer would come back for you, Cassandra? He's gone. He's not going to risk letting anyone stop him."

    "Unlike you, he wasn't playing me," the blonde spat. "I could see it in his eyes. He meant what he said. Trust me, I won't let myself get deceived again." With that being said, the Nephilim turned back to the wall and continued to pound at it, screaming out her uncle's name along with a string of curse words.

    After what seemed to be half a day, a bright white light glowed over the father and daughter. Cassandra stepped back from the wall and squinted as she stared up at it, shielding her eyes. Michael pushed himself from the ground and stood next to her, cocking his head to the side.

    "What is it?" Cassandra questioned.

    "The same spell that pulled Lucifer out," Michael said in realization. The two celestial beings exchanged glances before Cassandra disappeared. Michael screamed out, now alone in the Cage. He could only pray that something would let him out, too, but his gut told him that he was trapped there forever.

    Dean Winchester paced the length of the room, ignoring the trickling sound of the liquid as they prepared the spell to lock Lucifer back in the Cage. He stopped at the edge of the table. "So this spell is supposed to slam Lucifer back in the box. How long's this gonna take?" Dean questioned.

    The redheaded witch—Rowena MacLeod—looked up with a murderous glint in her eyes. She wanted revenge on Dean Winchester and the King of Hell. They were making a fool out of her and her pride was too strong to let that happen.

"About five minutes," she replied, her Scottish accent thick and proper. It made him want to cringe.

Dean checked his watch.

"Unless Sam says yes."

"And if he does?" Crowley questioned.

"If Lucifer finds a vessel, he'll be anchored to earth. The incantation won't work," Rowena explained, smirking slightly.

Dean rolled his eyes and threw his hands up in the air before letting them fall back to his sides. "And then we're screwed."

Footsteps echoed throughout the room before a demon entered, grabbing everyone's attention. The trio turned to see the demon, frantic, before a man in trenchcoat entered behind him. His chest heaved as he struggled to catch his breath. His shirt was halfway unbuttoned and his tie hung loosely around his neck.