Chapter 10: 11.18.1 Hell's Angel

Hell

    Crowley looked up upon hearing shouts of protest, arching a single eyebrow as the doors to the throne room were flung open. The demons tossed a blonde woman to the floor and she slid a few feet before grunting, pushing herself up with shaking arms.

    The blonde looked up and met Crowley's gaze. "Where is he?" she growled, taking notice in his current attire. The demon was back in his normal suit and out of his cage, seated on his beloved throne. "Where is Lucifer?"

    "He hasn't returned," Crowley said simply. "And I have my followers who so graciously let me out." He leaned forward. "Did you really think you were going to take my throne?"

    "I don't care about the damn throne, Crowley," Cassandra snapped, rising to her feet. She went to take a step forward when the demons grabbed onto her. One look from Crowley sent them back to the door and Cassandra continued towards the throne. "I honestly don't give a crap who rules what. I just need to know where Lucifer is."

    "You think I'd want you to find him? You two combined are worse than the Darkness herself! I'm not a bloody idiot, Cassandra!" Crowley roared.

    Her shoulders slumped and she sighed, staring up at him with pleading eyes. "Please. He's going to hurt Sam and Dean and I need to stop him. Crowley, I just need an estimate. Once I'm in the general area I can sense his power," Cassandra begged.

    Crowley's expression faltered but he shook his head, refusing to give in.

    Cassandra's helpless demeanor shifted back into hostility and she straightened her posture. With one snap of her fingers, all of the demons in the room, with an exception of Crowley, disintegrated into a cloud of dust. She continued towards the King of Hell until she curled her fingers around his shirt collar, yanking him towards her. "Do you really want to get on my bad side? I'm not in a good mood, Crowley, so I'd suggest you don't make this harder than it already is."

Crowley stared back at her with wide eyes. She wouldn't hesitate to smite him and they both knew it. He wasn't Sam or Dean. She didn't care for him. "I don't know," he whispered truthfully.

Cassandra cocked her head to the side before grabbing his forearm and closing her eyes.

She could see Crowley back in the sixteen-hundreds in another body. She shook her head slightly. Too far back. She skimmed over a young boy, a ship, countless demon deals. Her lips curled into a smirk when she caught a glimpse of her, Sam, Dean, and Bobby six years earlier. She tried to ignore Demon Dean and stopped on his memories of the last few weeks. Lucifer hadn't returned and a few demons decided it was safe to let Crowley out. There was no sign of the Devil.

Cassandra released his arm and slowly opened her eyes. "You're lucky I'm in a merciful mood," she told him calmly. "Don't expect to be spared next time." She turned on her heel and walked out, the echo of her heeled boots sending eerie chills racing down Crowley's spine.

What the hell was she?

Dean lay sprawled across his bed, arms crossed over her chest with his headphones covering his ears. He let the music blast out and try to take over. His eyes were clenched shut in a desperate attempt to sleep. He just wanted to sleep, but every time he closed his eyes the memories of Cassandra's betrayal would cloud his vision.

Giving up, the Hunter sat up and grabbed the ring from his bedside table and ran his thumb over the diamond. He sighed. How stupid he was not to listen to Crowley weeks earlier. If only he had just realized that Cassandra hadn't been strong enough to resist Michael and Lucifer. He knew her, so why did he have so much faith in the woman who had a broken past?