Chapter 13: Daddy Issues

I forgot to update yesterday. Oops! 😂

Men of Letters Bunker, Lebanon, Kansas

Cassandra awoke to large hands on her shoulders, shaking her slightly. There was a slight chuckle that made her groan and turn over on her stomach in bed, burying her head under the pillow. "Good morning, Princess," Dean whispered, his lips brushing against her ear.

"Mm. You're mean."

"It's almost lunch time. You've been asleep all day. It's time to get up."

"Doc said bed rest. We are in a bed and I am resting."

Dean pressed his lips to her shoulder as he hovered over her, his arms propping him up on either side of the blonde.  He trailed up her neck slowly and nibbled on her earlobe, smirking when he heard her gasp and sink further into the mattress.

"He didn't say sleep all day," Dean returned, brushing her blonde locks to the side and pressing a kiss between her shoulder blades. "And I missed you. I want some alone time with my beautiful fiancée before things get crazy again." His hand skimmed over her side, dipping into and over her curves before resting on her bare thigh. They had both fallen asleep in their underwear, too exhausted to pull on any pajamas.

Cassandra turned onto her back and her gaze drifted to his chest and she chuckled. "Looks like I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten out of bed," she teased, wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him down to kiss him. Dean moaned against her lips and his eyes fluttered closed, but Cassandra's didn't. She couldn't help but feel as if someone were watching them. Her gaze locked on the doorway of their room as Dean trailed down her neck.

After a few minutes, Cassandra couldn't handle the feeling of being stalked anymore and she pulled away from Dean, sliding out from underneath him and running towards the door. She threw it open and glanced down the corridor, heart pounding in her chest as she awaited something to pop out and grab her.

"Cassy?" Dean questioned, sitting up in the bed. "Baby, what is it?" He padded across the room and stood behind her, following her gaze down the hall.

She shook her head but continued to study the hallway with wide eyes. "No. No, I could feel—"

Dean placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. "You're tense. You're scared and you're overthinking everything. It's just you, me, and Sam in the Bunker. No one else is here and nothing's getting in." He sighed and stepped in front of Cassandra, forcing her to look at him. "You did this at the hospital, too, when we were leaving yesterday. What's going on?"

Cassandra's breath shook. "I thought—I thought I saw Amara." She shook her head. "I know it sounds crazy but I just can't shake—"

Dean furrowed his eyebrows and cut her off. "Cassy, don't get mad at me for asking this, but are you sure you don't need the Clozapine?"

Her eyes widened and she stared back at him in disbelief. "What? No. Dean, I'm not crazy."

"I didn't say you were. I'm just saying that maybe Angel Radio was a coincidence. How sure are you that you weren't like this all those years ago?"

Cassandra opened her mouth to object but stopped, looking away. How sure was she? Most of her life was a blur. After the Fall she had pushed away most of her memories from before she fell into the world of hunting, and even though she lost her memories of the Cage, it didn't change what she did when she was locked up. Could Dean have been right?

He sighed and ran a hand down his face. "Maybe we should try the Clozapine and see how it goes. If you don't want to take it then you don't have to, but I just don't want you to stress over something that's not there."