Chapter 2

Merlin

"Okay, okay. 'I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition'."

I burst out laughing. Alec snickered at his mock of Castiel. "Don't ever do that again. You could make someone deaf with that impersonation." I joked.

"It wasn't that bad! C'mon man, I bet you're worse."

I cleared my throat and smirked. I looked down, my eyes flashing gold. "Hello Dean." I spoke perfectly. There was a silence until Alec smacked my shoulder.

"That's not fair, Merlin! I didn't use magic."

"Who said I did?" I walked from the living room to the kitchen sink for water. The past two days it's been raining nonstop and today I look out the window and see no clouds in sight. The barrier around the house has held up but with the amount of rain I haven't been to check on the lake. I do so now.

"Alec, I'm going out."

"Can I come?" I think for a moment.

"Only this once."

The shore was trashed. Branches and fallen trees littered the rocks and sand. It didn't take long for us to get the trees back into place or the branches into the woods. Soon enough the lake shore was brand new.
Alec stood marveling the lake and the island while I fixed the mudslides the otters were playing on the other day.

"The water is so clear. Dude, I can see the bottom from here." He kicked some rocked into the water. "Why are there no clouds?"

"Maybe it rained so much they just disappeared." I said with sarcasm.

"Maybe..." I shook my head at how gullible he is.
It was weird how clear the water was. There were no fish whatsoever. I searched the water floor for any life, anything at all. Even possibly Excalibur. Nothing. I sigh in frustration.

"You should go back." I walked towards the forest. "I'll let you out." After I let Alec out I went back. The water had dimmed back to its darkness. There was still no sign of clouds or fog. I sat on my boulder reaching for the book in my satchel when the sky had darkened suddenly. I looked up. Still no clouds but everything was grey. The water had began waving against the shore. The tide was rising slightly with every wave. Something burned in my throat as I,stepped down from the boulder into the rising water.
Oh my- what do I do?! Is it happening?!

The water quickened and began to pull back from the shore farther and farther rising onto the sky like a tsunami. A glint is silver caught my eye. A man in armor floated limp in the air. Arthur...  I ran as fast as I could to his floating body gripping him tight in my arms and dragging him towards shore. I kept looking back at the tidal wave still rising. Almost there, only a few feet Merlin! I looked back right as the wave began to fall. I,grabbed Arthur's arms tighter and tried to run at least get into the woods before it hit. As soon as I pulled his body to the first tree just the water pounded into the ground splashing outwards with force.

I looked at the now perfectly calm lake with probably the most scared expression on my face.
"M-merl-lin-" I looked to Arthur's unconscious face. I turned him on his side as he coughed up blood and water and even some dirt.  I held his side as he let out a relieved breath in his slumber. How am I going to get him home?

"Alec." I pulled my phone from my pocket and dialed Alec's number. No service. "Damn it!" I had a back up reacher. A paper enchanted so that whatever I write will speak from the other page in Alec's pocket.

Go the the tree NOW!

I waited for a mere 30 seconds before the page spoke.

'What happened. Are you hurt?'

I responded quickly. No Alec. It's Arthur!

I pulled Arthur about halfway before I knew I had to go let Alec inside. I sprint through the tree and pull Alec in by his hand.

"He's not that far..." I spoke between heaving breaths. Tears formed in my eyes as I watched Alec run back with Arthur in his arms. "H-how is he?"

"Well, he gave me a death stare as I picked him up but I don't think he's in good shape."

"He's awake?"

"Hardly."

I let Alec through and back to the cottage. He set Arthur in the bathtub for me to clean him of his armor and lake muck. "Uhm... I-i need a knife, and a towel- two towels." Alec went for what I need in a heartbeat. I looked at Arthur's face. His eyes were hardly open but he was moving his mouth trying to speak.

"Calm down Arthur..." I took the knife from Alec's hand and sawed the straps of his armor off. I pulled his chainmail over his head along with his shirt. "Get rid of it all. He won't be needing it." I went for Arthur's pants when he let out a small groan. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I have to. You could get sick." I tugged his boots off with his pants attempting not to stare at his nakedness. As I turned the hot water on Arthur's right hand grips my wrist as I even the temperature. I look to his shaky figure, his eyes now half open.

"Thank-you." His head falls back.