Chapter 12

Filler with important info...

Merlin

One month later

"Just run towards me, eh. Don't think just... Believe."

Brozik shook her wings. "I am a good dragon. I am fierce. I can fly." She muttered. I took a few more steps back from the buffalo sized dragon. She ran in dead sprint towards me. I lifted my red painted hands into the air as the barreled herself at me.

"Come on my girl! Is this your last attempt or not!?"

"It is my last! I. Can. Fly!" She jumped over me, my hands smacking against her glassy scales throwing me feet backwards. I looked up at Brozik whooping in the air and gaining control over herself.

"Arthur!" I yelled. He ran from his training space in the back and looked where I was looking.

"She's flying!"

I pushed myself to my feet, still watching the three month old spin in the sky. She's grown so much in these short months. Glaedryus and Arethcarn aren't even three feet tall. I stood off to the side watching Brozik attempt her landing. And she failed.

"Ow." She rubbed her head. "I need to work on my landings."

I pulled Arthur from his practice so he could spend some time with Brozik and I in her stall like room. Brozik plopped onto her feathery bed with a sigh. I sat in Arthur's lap waiting for either two the speak. Nothing. Not until Brozik cleared her throat.

"You two need to go out..." She suggested. "Like, go on one of those dates you've been talking about."

I looked to Arthur. He shrugged. "We haven't courted rightly yet. I think it would do us some good." He hugged my waist. "You wanted to show me something today anyway right?"

I thought. I do have a surprise for him. "Yes. Why don't you go inside and make us a lunch box so we can leave soon." I stood to let him go past. He kissed my forehead as he left and I sat in the now warm seat. Brozik shifted to rest her head on my lap.

"Am I allowed to call him dad too? Not just Father..?

I smiled. "I think he'd prefer Father. It's what he's used to. Why ask now anyway? You've been able to speak since you were a month old."

"Well, I didn't want to pressure him." She says lifting her head.

"You didn't have to start calling me Dad just because Alec said it would be easier than Merlin at that age. You're so nice, Brozik, I don't want you to do what everyone says."

She lays her head back down. "... I'm still calling you dad, Dad."

Flarehshag

My young dragon soared. He was quick with learning how to fly. I can't believe how fast Ladeilan has grown in just three months. He's almost the same size as me. Morgana stepped into the light, with her a boar corpse freshly slain.

"Lan! Come eat!" I called for the youngling. He swooped down meeting the sand merely feet away from Morgana on his boulder.

"What do you want?" He hissed. Her thickening wisp of power sneered at him.

"Boar you ungrateful brat." His head perked up and he growled. Morgana slammed the boar towards him. "You two need to slow down on your feeding. It took me hours just to find this one boar."

"He's a growing boy-"

"He needs to not be fat, Flarehshag."

I squinted my eyes at the small figure of the dead witch. "He ate all the squirrels and otters. What else would you have me feed him? Huh? The fish in the lake or lack there of?!"

"Just calm him down!"

"You calm him down! You wanted him!" I growl. "I made sure that when I found your body it was hidden from all ad now I am to raise a dragon not if my kin! He may be of a prophecy but I did not wish to be part of it!"

"Flarehshag, I am right here." Ladeilan spoke from behind me.

"Take your boast and eat it someplace else." I pushed the floppy corpse to him. He took it and left us.  I lowered my head to Morgana's height.

"He is almost powerless. His eyes are dull orange, nearly e!Pty of any sort of magic. I'm not sure he is the one to set you free or break the barrier to this lake."

Morgana looked towards where Ladeilan had wandered off to. "He is the one. I'm sure of it."

Merlin

"OK OK.. Watch your step." I guide Arthur through the forest leaving him a couple too feet from me. "Alright, take it off and look around." Arthur quickly pulled the blindfold from his face and blinked taking in our surroundings. His surprised face turned into a happy one.

"Blue bells! I remember these flowers like it was yesterday. They're everywhere this time of year."

I grinned at him, pulling him down onto the blanket I had lay out earlier. "I put a spell on this forest so that at night all the bluebells glow and only ones with magic can see it happen. It's so they can find me. We won't stay the night tonight, but I don't want you to tell me of you see the glow if you're ever out here again."

"Why?" His blue eyes flicked.

"I think when the time is right you'll see it and you'll tell me sooner or later if it does."

Holy Toledo, my dudes. 911 words. Haha. Also purty gooood for a filler am I right? ;P I am right. Ciao!