Chapter 8

Merlin

"I have the egg. If you tell me where the next is I'll leave as soon as possible." The sink water rippled as Flarehshag moved in the lake, her figure backing up.

"Iceland. A magic hidden cave is at the base of Mt. Esja. Take your time."

I drained the water from the sink and went back to wake sleeping Arthur. I put my hands under the blankets and pull Arthur out by his arms. He groaned irritated that I'd woken him. "Morning sleeping beauty." I said petting his hair.

"Unless there's food, I'm not getting up."

"I got your knew favorite. Pizza." He sat straight up bringing the blankets with him.

"I'm up." I pull him and myself each a slice and sit on the bed. "I have to call a couple old friends today." I say handing him slice. "Mela and her twin brother Xandre. They're in Brazil, a country far away. They like to travel so they could also be somewhere else."

"Are they sorcerers as well?" Arthur asks with full mouth. I nod trying to stop the cheese from coming completely off my pizza. "Good people I imagine, being friends with you they must be."

I smile at his comment. "They are very good people. We moved all over the Americas until I stayed in California and they went home. Occasionally they sneak a visit. I don't know how they find me without me ever telling them where I am."

"Magic!" Arthur laughed.

"Most likely." I left the room after talking and throwing book loss back and forth with Arthur. Mela always gave me a phone number to call every time they came to visit so I could get ahold of them. A Nokia was the last phone they had that I remember so I tried that one. The line rang for a few moments until a voice answered.

"Hello? May I ask who's speaking?"

"Why the need to ask such an old friend?"

"Merlin!? Oh shit, I should've known it was you! How are you brother?" Xandre. Of course.

"I'm good, I have some great news for you, too."

"Another adventure? Mela and I are actually on our way to see you. From India."

"Well, this is unexpected. But I must apologize, this is of a different matter. Arthur's been back and we need your wonderful fake identities." There was silence for a moment then an ear piercing screech I had to pull the phone from my face.

"Mela, we're on a plane!" I heard them argue over the phone when Mela took over.

"I will do my absolute best to make this one perfect for the king."