Chapter 3

Merlin

I heard a thump. "M-merlin. Merlin!" I jolt up from the couch, Alec following me to Arthur on the floor attempting to stand.

"What's wrong? What happened?" I asked helping him up and lean against the wall.

"Nothing, I'm just a bit dizzy." I smile happy to see my best friend, him smiling back. "Come here come here." He says and pulls me down into a hug. "How are you? You look skinny."

"I've always been skinny. I'm the one who should be worried about you. Let's get you in some proper clothes." Alec stood off to the side as I helped Arthur to the living room. "Alec, make sure he stays awake." I huffed as I dug for some of my larger clothes, nothing I wear would be large enough for him and Alec's too big. We might have to go shopping... I grabbed a hoodie and some sweat pants. They're seemingly the only thing that'll fit Arthur. When I went back to them Alec had already introduced himself.

"Well, you're getting along nicely." I sit. "They may not be what you're used to but we can go to the store. Okay?" He sighs. I sigh. Its been so long. I don't know what to say anymore.

"So, " Arthur began. "What is this place? It's... Strange."

"Its been a few thousand years, Arthur, things have changed quite a bit." I put the black sweater over his head. "Arms." Arthur did the rest.

"I didn't expect you to be so small." Alec laughed and I grinned behind Arthur as we walked through the only thrift shop for miles. He was walking fine now, giddily and curiously shuffling through the hangers of clothes. Alec walked ahead to the electronics and toys as Arthur chose his own clothing. The cashier lady was glaring at us the entire time.

"Merlin! Look!"

I turn to him afraid that something bad had happened now realizing he had snuck into the dressing room. He stood wearing fitting jeans, a yellow Star Trek T-shirt and a black, maybe leather, jacket. Woah...

"You, uh..."

"This is wonderful, right?"

I scratched my temple. "I like it. You look... nice." His smile grew and he pulled me into the dressing room. "Arthur!"

"I think I found something that would suit you."

"I don't need new clothes, Arthur. You know what, we have to go home anyway. I think the fresh air has gotten to your head." I go to unlock the door when he pulls me back by my arm, my back to his chest.

"You never do as you're told..." He whispers. My breath hitches.

"I never will. Gather what you want, we're leaving." I take my arm from his grip and leave the room. Alec was standing near the door when I stepped out. He had a curious look. "What?"

"Nothing. Just wandering."

One week later

Arthur was getting the hang of electricity. At least the lights and the cars. He got dizzy often after coming out of the car. Arthur and Alec had become more acquainted, mostly goofing around with the Xbox and bord games. Arthur watches when we clean the cottage or cook, sometimes helping, but usually we end up putting on Supernatural and having magic do the work.
He's been unusually quiet today. Only laying in bed staring at the ceiling. Maybe one or two words have been said.

"Arthur." I say flopping on the bed beside him. "What's wrong? You're usually so chipper." He rolls to face me, tears in his eyes. A sit up against the headboard.

"How do you handle having all your friends being dead?" He let's the tears fall and sits up beside me. "How can you stay alive all these years without breaking."

"...I had a mental break down just over a year ago... I was having nightmares and visions about you so bad that Alec had me hospitalized so I wouldn't harm anyone. I was there until three months ago. The reason I believe I had broken down is because of how long I've been waiting. I've been waiting for you for so long I cant count the days and most of the years are mashed into one. I don't remember the last time I've cried because you were all gone. All of my friends dead... And now you're back and I don't want you to feel how I felt all that time ago or when I was inside that damned institute." I wipe the tears from his eyes. "The reason I hadn't broken down until that little while ago, is because of you. I kept you in the pocket by my heart so I could remind myself why I'm here. To be by your side at all times."

My hands rest on his cheeks as he smiles and chuckles."I've missed you. So much."

"And I you." He kisses me suddenly. And I kiss back. God, I've been waiting almost forever for him to do this... His lips were salty from the tears, but soft. Oi, he was perfect. I flick my hand shitting the door so Alec wouldn't see what was going on. My hands found Arthur's blond hair lightly tugging as he slipped his hands around my waist.
I pull back to breath and laugh causing Arthur to laugh as well.

"Don't ever leave. Ever." He says.

"I don't plan on leaving your side, clotpole. "

"Dollophead."

"Don't steal my words, doofus."

"Don't call me clotpole."

Though it's only been a week since Arthur's been back, I've never been happier.

I have no flubbing idea what I'm doing...