Chapter 6

Flarehshag

Fool! A damn fool! Haha!

"You know I can hear everything you think, Morgana... And one thing Merlin is not is a fool. Get your act together and quit tormenting them until I can get you free." I looked to the faded figure of the sorceress and I squeeze the sword tighter in my claws nearly cutting myself in the process. She moved with the wind unseen by every creature but me. Morgana always had her companion. Aithusa, the white dragon I have yet to see in person.

Do you have what I asked for?

She talked of the sword. "I do, but I don't trust you foul spirit not to do anything to tip the balance." Her face turns into a scarred scowl in the moonlight.

I am doing what I wish with that sword to get what is rightfully mine! I -

"You, are an impatient little girl. Do not tempt me to put you back." I moved closer to the wispy ghost. "Bring me the eggs and I will set you free..."

Merlin

Three days later

"Arthur, where's my scarf? It snowed on my way home." I speak loudly walking inside from the store. Alec was in the basement like usual. Probably working on his spells. I hear the shower on so I open the door to the bathroom to ask Arthur about my scarf. He stood naked about to get in the shower and grinned when he saw me..

"Uh, have you seen my red scarf..?" I try to avert my eyes but he tilts my face back to his and kisses me.

"I'm merely nude. No need to look away."

"Just, being polite." I turn to leave him pulling me back into his arms and closes the door.

"Join me. Alec can get the food." Arthur pulls my shirt over my head tossing it into the sink with his clothes. "We need some time alone." I kick my pants off and he pulls me under the shower water. My arms tighten around his middle as we sway in the water. "Merlin." Arthur mumbled.

"Yes?"

"Nothing. I just like the sound of your name..."

I went to see Flarehshag after the shower. A few minutes later than planned but I was there. She stood scraping her claws on a tree trunk, the sword stabbed into the sand.

"I'm here." I stared at at Excalibur then to the red dragon.

"I have something important that I cannot do myself." She moves from the tree back to the water. "Eggs."

"Eggs?"

"Three dragon eggs were scattered and hidden by a dragon lord who thought he was the last. I want them and you're the only one who can let them free from their shells." I climbed into my boulder and sat to get closer to her head.

"I'm willing to get them."

"Really?"

"Yes. Repopulating a species is important."

"Well, the first one isn't that far. London. You will know. You'll feel it." She pointed to the largest scale on her chest. "Here. Only dragon lords and fellow dragons feel the eggs. But I cant go. Humans wouldn't appreciate a dragon."

I nod. I may not trust Flarehshag, but if I can do this one thing for dragons, I will be happier than now knowing I can help restore what once was of their kind. I ran back to the cottage meeting Arthur halfway jumping into his arms.

"Woah. Why so happy?"

"You are now going to get the chance to travel the world with me." I kiss him. "I have a business, in London, to retrieve an egg."

He furrows this brows. "London? The big place you spoke of?"

"Yes. But that is only where the first egg is." I took Arthur's hand in my own as we walked in the crunchy frost bitten forest. Squirrels raced jumping tree to tree. "How was your day?"

"Beside our wonderful shower, it was, okay. Alec came up from his so called research on shape shifting and spirit guides to play that assassin game." He swung his arms explaining taking my left arm with him.

"Once he turned into that bear he's been obsessed. And why are you playing that? Just because I allow Alec to play it when I'm gone doesn't mean I want your pretty little brain to shrivel up." I squeezed his nose.

"It won't, I'm perfectly fine."

Alec was on his Xbox when we stepped inside. I pull Arthur with me onto the sofa smothering Alec so he can talk to us.

"Dude! I'm about to die! Aw." He smacked my arm. "I was in the middle of a zombie hoard and you two decide to jump on me in the middle."

"You need human interaction. I also have a surprise for you."

"Like what? Food?"

"No. We go to London, my American friend."

He smiled. I lean back against Arthur kissing his nose as Alec returns to his game. The door swayed open pushing a draft passed us. I shit it with a flick. The spirit was back, and it felt more powerful than before. Arthur was soon asleep, lightly snoring into my neck. Alec was falling asleep sitting up, his game showing he had died.  "Alec... Alec, go to bed." He snorted awake.

"Yeah, eah. Goodnight." He shuffled to his room. I silently played with Arthur's hair while listening for any strange noises throughout. Slow creaks like foots steps stopped behind the couch. I stared up awaiting whatever.

Emrys, The wind spoke. You cannot kill me this time... I am stronger everyday.

I pulled the blanket to my shoulders over Arthur and I. Morgana's spirit can't get to me. She did when she was living, she won't now.