Epilogue

"I do."

"I pronounce you man and husband. You may now kiss the br-groom."

The wedding was small. With neither having nobody but Mela, Xandre, and Alec the three sat on a single bench with the two growing boy dragons impatiently sitting behind them. Brozik stayed in the back careful not to scare the priest. After the wedding Alec left with the two Brazilian adventurer's not wishing to stay in one place any longer. Mela and Alec married three years after Arthur and Merlin, pregnant within the month. Brozik left to the Antarctic on her own just after Belladonna Maria was born. Mela and Alec moved into their own little cottage built a little ways from merlin and Arthur's.

Bella turned four when merlin found a silver hair in Arthur gold locks, Arthur finding Merlins first white not long after. Christmas celebrations were held every year when all of them came back for the winter months. Merlin's hair was all salt and pepper by the time Belladonna was twelve. Arthur teased him for getting more grey than him before they looked forty.

Merlin decided to take Arthur around the world once they started to age in the face. With flightless Glaedryus and witty Arethcarn they left them to take care of one another. The night before their first flight, fourteen year old Belladonna showed signs of magic when she was around the dragons. Merlin realized she was a dragonlady. He was no longer the last.
He left with a smile on his face knowing if there were any more eggs or dragons she would be the key for their rising population.

During the night after calling Bella on her twentieth birthday, merlin tod Arthur of his last descendant. Gwen had a son which led to many lines that have been severed leaving only one last boy alive from Arthur's blood. Peter Mikelson lived in Chicago, Illinois newly married and ready to start a family. Arthur hasn't been so happy since seeing Merlin's face on their wedding.

More happy years passed of them growing old near the lake together. Bella and her children visited often until they were grown and off to marry.

"Merlin."

"Yes, darling."

"Thank you."

"Thank you, Arthur, for finally bringing peace and being the love of my life."

A smile spread on both their faces as they passed silently watching the lake ripple. The last words from Merlin's mind he's been longing to think.

Finally.