Eight: Tantrums & Tummy Aches

Bonnie's POV

"Bon, go into the bathroom and get Georgie to do your hair," Joe says to me.

Today is Sunday, the band's day off this week. Me and Joey are in our hotel room, Blake and Alex have gone to the gym early and Georgie is getting ready for the day in the bathroom.

I feel a little icky so I'm hoping we're having a chilled day.

"Okay," I reply, and jump off my bed. "Georgie, what are you doing?" I ask her as I walk into the bathroom.

"Putting some earrings in," she says. "Do you prefer the gold hoops or the pearl studs?"

"Um, the gold hoops!" I say in awe as she shows the two pairs to me.

I watch her put them in her ears, I've never really taken much notice before of her wearing earrings.

"Can I get earrings too?" I ask her as she picks me up and puts me on the counter, facing the mirror.

"You mean pretend ones? We can buy some clip on ones for you if you would like," she replies, getting out my brush and the spray stuff she uses on my hair.

"No! Proper earrings!" I frown, crossing my arms. "Like you, Georgie."

"Your too young baby," she chuckles and starts spraying the product onto my head.

"No I'm not!" I shout loudly.

"Hey, hey!" Joe walks into the bathroom, obviously hearing the commotion. "Inside voices please, Bonnie."

"Bonnie, I'm sorry but you can't get your ears pireced yet," Georgie stops doing my hair.

"But I want them, you've got them!" I cross my arms and tears start to fall. "I want them now!"

"Bonnie, listen to me - Georgie is trying to do your hair. You are a little young to get your ears pireced," Joe tells me calmly. "Say sorry to Georgie."

"It's not fair! I want to be a big girl!" I cry, ignoring Joe's comment.

"Big girls don't throw a strop about something they can't have," Joe tells me bluntly. "Now are you going to apologise?" He says sternly.

I shake my head, and look down, hugging my legs to my chest, not in the mood to comply - I feel yucky.

"Fine then, your getting a time out," Joe replies and picks me up, I lash out, but he holds me tight. "Don't you dare Bonnie," he crossly tells me and makes me sit on the chair by one of the desks. "Sit there for five minutes to think about what you have done."

"Joey! I'm sorry!" I instantly regret what has just happened but he ignores me and talks to Georgie instead.

I continue to sob in distress, wallowing in sadness and loneliness.

After what seems like a very, very long time, Joe finally comes over to me and crouches down to my mere height.

"Why are you in time out?" His eyes bore into my teary ones.

"Because, because I shouted," I cry. "I'm sorry," I hiccup.

"Thank you, go and apologise to Georgie and then we'll forget about it okay?" He gives me a hug I desperately need. "Stop with the tears Bonnie; it's okay," he kisses my head. "No more crying."

After our hug I go and apologise to Georgie and she finishes doing my hair, braiding it into two Dutch braids.

"Girls, we're meeting the boys in town for some lunch, they are just finishing up with the gym," Joe pops his head in the bathroom doorway where Georgie is tidying away all the hair stuff and I'm brushing my teeth.