Fourteen: Emotional Whirlwind

Pic: Bonnie, 5.

Please tap the star and leave a comment if you liked the chapter! It makes my day! <3<3

-/-

B L A K E

Widening my dark eyes in surprise, I stand up quickly.

"Don't cry," I hastily say in a soft tone that couldn't be further from my own voice. Her presence draws me automatically closer until I reach out and place a hand on her arm. "It's good to meet you." I hesitate, then find my arms encircling the unfamiliar and young, shaking woman.

"I can't believe I'm seeing you," she chokes through her tears. I feel her heart throbbing against my chest, as if it physically hurts her to be in my hold.

"What's your name?"

"Eve," she takes a step back and brushes her long auburn curls away from her delicate features. She looks up, barely daring to meet my gaze, blinking her dark lashes to keep the tears at bay. "But most people call me Evie," she rushes out, perhaps finding the silence too deafening to cope with.

"Evie," I focus my eyes on her. "Are you going to be alright?" I murmur, greedily looking at the mystique figure before me.

"Yes, most defiantly," she lets out a small smile. "I just didn't think I'd make it here, today."

I raise my eyebrows.

"I shouldn't have said that," she gasps, putting a perfectly manicured hand to her plump lips, parting slightly in shock.

"Blake, we've got a long queue," Mark raises his voice and I give him a dismissive glance.

The crowd can wait to see me. I've got three other siblings who are doing this beside me.

Plenty of girls have become emotional. Plenty of teenagers and adults have sworn, cried, even screamed, in awe; but no fan has quite reacted in the way Evie has. Why has this Evie made me stop, made me pause, to ask if she is okay? Why do I not feel shut off? I feel my heart warm in her presence and it's unfamiliar. I'm not sure I'm at all keen. It's new turf to be walked on.

"You didn't say anything," I set my gaze back on her and see a few fans step forward and go to Georgie and Joe a little further down. I can't ignore the annoyed looks on their faces, but I don't give one ****.

"Right," she lets out a shaky breath. "You're, you're beautiful," she blurts out.

Taken aback, I hide my true response by a laugh, "no one's ever called me that particular adverb."

"Well, they should," she smiles.

"Kinda grates at my macho vibe," I reply.

"Do you mind if I ask the cliche question?" Her cheeks redden, not to the usual beetroot shade, but to a glowy, radiant pink that contrasts against her brilliant green eyes so perfectly.

"Sign something or my number?" I catch her off guard.

"The first one," she shakes her head determinedly. She holds out her phone case and I sign it as usual. I add a 'x' before thinking too hard.

"Blake," Chris thunders to me. He lets me know Evie and I have overstepped our time. But I don't care. This has hit different.

"It was-was special to meet you, thank you," she takes a step back, looking at our bodyguard as she does so.

"Don't mind him. Where are you from?" I step an inch closer. She stays where she is.

"Nevada, but I actually live in Texas," she seems unsure. "I'm visiting some family over here. Don't you live in Texas?"