Twelve: Sold Out Crowd

Pic: Joe, Alex & Blake.

B L A K E

"Sometime this morning would be good, Georgie," I sarcastically say, looking at my watch.

"Shut up, I'm packing as fast as I can," she groans, with her back to me as she's sat on the floor, shoving her clothes haphazardly into her suitcases.

"We leave in ten minutes," I turn on my heels and walk out to the living space, before mentally counting the suitcases lined up by the door.

I hear a soft yawn and look over to my little sister, sprawled out on the couch, her full concentration invested into Joe's phone. Noticing her bare feet, I find her only pair unpacked and walk over, crouching down so I can slide them on her feet.

"I don't like my crocs," she looks up from the screen, yawning again, her face scrunching in cuteness.

"Why?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Because, they're pink, Blakey," she points to them.

I raise my eyebrows again, "pink is your favourite colour."

She shakes her head, "yellow is my favourite."

"Since when?" I sigh, exasperated with my five year old sister.

She pauses, "last Wednesday, when I wore that yellow dress with flowers."

"Right," I nod seriously, before poking her in the tummy, making her squeal with giggles, kicking her little feet against my arm.

I hear someone knock at our door, and I stand up, walking over to see it's Chris and Mark.

"Morning, you all ready?" Chris asks, in his usual black jeans and dark top, with sunglasses propped on his head.

"Nearly," I nod, and yell at my sibling's to hurry up.

Alex and Joe walk out barely a few seconds later and Bonnie jumps down from the couch.

"Bonnie, put your shoes back on," my shrewd eyes notice she has taken them off.

"But, they're my least favourite shoes-"

I put a finger to my lips, "put your shoes on," she opens her mouth, "now," I frown.

"We need to leave if we are to make the seven a.m flight," Mark checks his watch.

Georgie runs out, looking flustered. "I'm ready," she wheels her suitcases over to ours and Chris and Mark open the door.

"There are a few paps out, but we should be fine. Straight into the cars," Chris nods at us.

I grab a few suitcases and sling my rucksack over my back, following Mark. I look back to check Bonnie's close by, and Georgie is holding her hand, with Chris right next to them.

I notice when we reach the foyer, the paps are already at the window, flashing, there's not too many thankfully. Georgie picks up Bonnie, telling her to cover her face. We want to minimise her exposure to continual flashing.

-/-

Four hours later, and we've landed in a new state, sunny Arizona.

The airport is rammed with travellers and we struggle to quickly get through security due to the seemingly unmoving crowds. Everyone's a little crabby, having woken up at four thirty in the morning to catch our early flight. I made sure Bonnie slept, which she did, but only for an hour.

We reach security and I take Bonnie with me, and we go through. I pull my hood back up and put my shades on and we wait for the others. Bonnie leans against me, I pull her hood up too. Georgie and Mark reach us, followed by Joe, Alex and Chris. A few people call our names, seeming to realise who we are but we keep walking, and manage to get through the airport without too many interferences and into the awaiting cars.