3: The Savior

Club del Doge, Italy

Another old man who's willing to have her undivided attention. She wanna stop involving anyone in her life but she needed him. She's helpless. She can't go on being a pawn in a filthy nest forever. Her life in Italy must end.

Will she learn to love him?

Nikola scoffed. She never felt love even from her parents. They had forsaken her after meeting somebody else who captured most of their time and attention. Their selfishness  brought her life into a roller coaster ride. They didn't care too much for her. If they did, she won't be waiting tables.

Love is just an old tale. She learned that when she's 16. She stayed in Malaysia for 2 years, counting the days as she continued her dream to escape.

There's no fairy tale. Love doesn't exist. If it does, it's not forever. It will die like her boyfriend with whom she shared wonderful dreams until everything became bleak.

She spotted John sitting at his usual corner. She approached to get his order. He had been giving her a stem of red rose every morning. 

"So, what are you up to this evening, young lady?" He asked as he handed her a stem of red rose. It's been weeks of talking to this girl and he's not only captivated with her beauty. Being an Italian, she's articulate in English too. He loved hearing her thick Italian accent.

Nikola gave out her sheepish but infectious smile. "I have a date."

His smile faded . "You never told me you have a boyfriend." He threw a forlorn stare at the 23 year old woman.

Nikola sighed. "I don't have a boyfriend, Mr. Cargill. You don't know me much so beware."

John's smile went back. He held her hand. "Call me John, please. I wanna know you. Have dinner with me tonight."

"I'm expensive. If you're willing to shell out $250 per session plus a minimum tip of $100, you can have my full attention. I'm a hooker John. It's my night job. Here's my number if you wanna really date me tonight. I'll serve your order in a couple of minutes." Nikola left the stunned 62 year old man.

At 1 PM, she left the restaurant and took off to her one bedroom flat which was located just a 10 minute ride by bus from Club del Doge . She hated this place. It's like the biggest rental slums in Italy but she cannot be choosy.

 It's like the biggest rental slums in Italy but she cannot be choosy

Her phone rang as soon as she entered the place.

"Any customer tonight?" The voice asked from the other line. 

Nikola let out a heavy sigh. "Yes but he hasn't called yet."

"Ok, talk to you at 7. I have someone lined up for you." The call ended.

Yeah, another pig that you know, bastard. Nikola showered. She waited for John's call but  none. She continued reading the book which he gave yesterday. Sense & Sensibility let her drift off after a chapter.