14: Apprehended

Bree goes back to reality as she hears noises outside. Car engines. It's not Diego who arrives.

She can't tell if she should be happy for being rescued from Diego but being apprehended by the police isn't good either.

The fugitive who is using pseudonyms to escape from her heinous crimes is now behind bars. The detectives led by Paul Hayes and Lara Holtman found the woman tied on a chair in Macassar, 43 minutes away from Kloof Road where she was last spotted by the Surveillance team from LAPD via Satellite through an electronic device. Her cellphone which was being tracked was used around 9 AM yesterday. This led to the capture of the woman who killed the Clifton Villas hotel owner and his driver in Cape Town, South Africa. These men were just additions to a serial killing spree of the villainous girl who started the series of murders by stabbing her first husband in Italy at 18 followed by second husband in L.A., plus 3 men including Detective Simon Powell in California who was also on the case.

Alexandria May Clayton was flown from Italy last night by LAPD operatives to face trial in the U.S. court under the different names she used such as Angela Munsi, Nikola Tocci and Breanna May Linden. Interpol will coordinate with LAPD to indict the serial killer.

Diego Lucas, her accomplice for the killings escaped and believed...

Brent turns off the TV with a heavy heart. He saw Nikki being escorted to the police car out of the Macassar Pavilion. Her get-away vehicle was still there and the camera captured the bloody knife just sitting next to the driver's seat.

The morning news starts the day gloomy as he sips his coffee. Ms. Clayton needs a very good lawyer.

Brent's mind is busy while driving to the Station.

No suspect would ever leave any evidence in the crime scene. The knife was a real baloney. He knows Nikki didn't use it even though her finger prints were all over it. First thing, he must get the best lawyer who knows her really well. If the state gives Alexandria a court-appointed lawyer, there's a slim chance that she'd be release from jail. Lest she'd be convicted for the crimes she did not commit and spends the rest of her days in prison.

He's about to dial Reite Law Office as he settles at his desk when Ed, the team lead of Surveillance Unit approaches. "Brent, Chief wants to see you in his office."

Ed walks with him to the Chief's office and spoke confidance, "Everything's totally wiped clean."

The men slap hands. "I know I can count on you, thanks pal."

"Anytime, pal." Ed smiles and walks to his office which is just opposite of the Chief's.

Murdoch stands up and gives Brent a folder as the latter opens the door. "I congratulated Ed for the vigilance of his team in helping Paul and Lara to capture Miss Clayton in Cape Town. I requested him to drop by at your department and bring you here."

Brent flips the folder. All the bodies of the murdered victims were pictured as well as evidences.

The Commander puts his hand on Brent's shoulders after closing the door. "She won't say a word. Perhaps she would if you're the interrogator. I'm putting you on the case since everything started as Juvenile Delinquency that progressed to serious crime. You can research everything about her so we can dig deeper and also capture her accomplice, Diego. You led Paul's team anyway to catch her." Chief Murdoch walks him to the interrogation room where Paul and Lara are waiting.

Brent cannot contain his rage upon seeing Paul. Blood raised  up his face. Without saying a word, he clenched his fist and hit Paul on the face who sprawled on the floor from the sudden assault.