5: Chasing Love

"Brent!" Nikki's surprise was very transparent when she opened the door. She never expected Brent. She thought her roommate forgot something and came back.

"I bet you're not happy to see me, Nikki." His smile is bitter.

She let him inside the 2 bedroom unit. "It's not that." She offers him to sit down. "If you found me, Diego can find me too!"

Brent raises an eyebrow. "Who is...?"

Nikki sits beside him. She puts her hand on his lap. "He's my boyfriend til I fled from Italy with John. He's abusive and I just wanna escape from him! He might be the one who killed my husband! He said that no man could ever own me. Death will be the consequence of my escape." Nikki clings to him, crying.

Brent hugs her. She's shuddering. "Why didn't you tell this during the investigation?

"I was afraid and still am". She replies.

"Come with me to Los Angeles." He wipes the tears from her face with his fingers.

"I can't yet. He might still be there, searching for me." Her fear is palpable through her voice.

"I'll protect you." Brent cups her chin. "Running away won't help. You can stay at my place as we do a man-hunt for him."

She averts her eyes. Would she allow Brent to be a part of this charade? Too many lives had been on stake. Not another man whom she develops a soft spot should join this messy spectacle again. While it's still raw, she must let him go. She looks up at him.

But her lips says otherwise. "I miss you, Brent."

"Me too." Brent kisses her forehead then traces the path of her nose bridge to her lips.

"I don't want you to die." She whispers.

His kisses never falter only when saying words of endearment. "I won't. I'll live a thousand lifetime to be with you forever." His reassurance brings silence to her fear.

She sits on his lap and they continue their heart's desire. Ragged breathing while kissing. Gentle becomes wanton. Desires become insatiable longing. Lust becomes an act of love.

"Carry me to my bedroom". He stands up as her thighs are wrapped around his waist.

Once naked, she helps him remove his clothes and they warm her bed from the cold morning mist

Once naked, she helps him remove his clothes and they warm her bed from the cold morning mist. The drops of ecstasy flow through in every nerve of their beings. No woman ever excited him this way.

No man had made her feel so wanted without doubt, without malice but the purest of intention. He's very gentle and loving.

Such belongingness envelop them as they share a very passionate moment to quench the lust of love that fires between two souls destined to seize the ultimate submission of their bodies.

"Nikola...you're the woman for me..." Brent whispers as he claims her.

"Oh, Brent...I soo want you..." her moans sound like music that overpowers his moves.

Brent feels her nails over his back as they both taste the finality of their coupling

This is what he needs. A woman who could electrify every nerve in his body. Nikola does incomprehensible emotion to him. Her mere presence wraps his whole being with a mix of lust and love. He wanna share a lifetime with her.

His touch makes her vulnerable but protected. She feels his honesty. He's the only man who thinks of her safety without running away. She wants him around.

They cuddle after the earth shattering lovemaking.

"So tell me more about you, Nikki." Brent asks as he rakes her hair. Her head resting on his chest.

"My parents died in an accident when I was 16. My father owned a club which was ran by his brother after his death. I worked there and met Diego, he was vacationing in our place. He lured me to Italy. He was nice for a few months. When I got pregnant, he brought me to an abortionist which was against my will. Since then he turned abusive. I left him and worked in Venice. He found me and made me work as a hooker in his syndicate. He was so mad at me that he gave me the worst customers out of revenge for leaving him. My life was dim til I met John."

Brent feels the drops of tears from her eyes on his chest. He kisses the top of her head to soothe her bad emotion as she reflects on her past affair. "I'm sorry. No woman should suffer what you had. You can file complaints against him. I'll help you."

Nikki hugs him to find solace in his arms. Brent embraces her like protecting a child who has a very devastating ordeal. They sleep in such endearing position.

POSTED: MARCH 20, 2018

EDITED: MAY 24, 2018