EPILOGUE

Alex spent more weeks in the hospital for speech and occupational therapies. Being comatose for 9 months, her slurred speech must be corrected so as her physical movements must be improved.

Doctors and specialists concluded that Alexandria suffers from a bad state between selective and anterograde amnesia in which the victim loses certain parts of her memory

Doctors and specialists concluded that Alexandria suffers from a bad state between selective and anterograde amnesia in which the victim loses certain parts of her memory. Common elements that may be forgotten are relationships, special talents or places like where she lives. Worse, she cannot store or retain new information in her memory but is able to recall data and events that happened in the past.

Alex only remembers her childhood up to the time of her 16th birthday, seeing Sandra on a wheelchair as she blew her cake.

Brent left his post in Los Angeles Crime Investigation Unit and with Atty. Reite's strong recommendation he decided to head the security team for Clayton Steel Manufacturing Corporation to which Sandra was very grateful.

Before leaving California, Kevin Murdoch handed him a recommendation letter for New York State Police Investigation Unit. "Just in case you wanna go back somewhere."

Lara was suspended indefinitely for the chaos in McArthur Park. She did not follow her superior and acted impulsively hurting civilians, mostly children. Paul was back to Juvenile Division and Ed took the seat in the Homicide.

Sandra convinced Brent to have a room in their house. Her daughter needed someone whom she can fully trust other than her driver, Fabio. It's good to have men in their 5-bedroom home. She felt safe.

Brent explained about the ring every time Alex asked if she's engaged to someone. 'Soon when you're ready. And Alex's answer was always, not yet but am keeping the ring on my finger to which the man was elated.

22nd Birthday

Brent is Alex's first dance.

"I can say this is the most pompous birthday that I ever have." She glimmers.

"Are you sure? You don't even remember that you were comatose on your 21st birthday." He teases with a wide grin.

She giggles. "Yeah...I know...Not really. But my heart can tell how happy I am tonight."

"Seriously, " he looks at her in the eyes. "I wanna see you happy everyday." He brings his cheek closer to hers.

"Even if I forget this dance and the man I'm dancing with when I wake up tomorrow?" She whispers to his ear.

He kisses her cheek, "I'll make you remember." He doesn't mind how long will she stay in this condition. It's better than being dead.

"Always?" Alex murmurs.

Brent mumbles, "Forever." God heard his prayer and he must keep his promise. She's given another life and he has another round on love. He must treasure this chance that God gave to them.

The couple dance holding the love that they have because they both know that the heart never stops beating. It never forgets even when the brain sleeps.

Brent sways with his beloved Alexandria as they simmer in the daze and glitter of the night while the singer continues  to sing his song with the accompaniment of the band

Brent sways with his beloved Alexandria as they simmer in the daze and glitter of the night while the singer continues to sing his song with the accompaniment of the band. They dance to the music.

This is forever even if everyday always spells a fresh start for them. Love never ceases even when everything fades.