8: Runaway

"Nikola!" Brent shouted her name.

It's dark and they're surrounded with tall trees and shrubs.

Why was she running away?

At last he caught her arm. He pulled her towards him but he's shocked when she faced him, knife on hand. Brent stepped back.

 "Don't chase me, Brent. You don't know me. It's dangerous." She was in tears.

"Let me help you. You don't have to run away." Brent offered his hand and asked her to give him the knife.

Nikola shook her head. She let go from his grip and ran through the dark.  

An electronic noise follows that buzzes his ears.

Brent is perspiring when he opens his eyes from the bad dream

Brent is perspiring when he opens his eyes from the bad dream. The incessant chime of the doorbell pulls him up from bed. He gingerly walks to the front door. It's almost 6pm.  

He tried to hit the bed and rest after contacting a legit shipper for Simon's body. It was a long day.

"I'm coming with you". Lara's face is in all seriousness as he opens the door.

She's  is adding more pressure to his throbbing headache. He let her in with an exasperated look. "Lara, we already talked about this."

They already spoke in the Station that he'd take care of Simon's body. The dead man's folks are waiting in San Francisco for the cadaver to be transferred to their hometown in  Dublin. He doesn't need anyone to assist him in greeting Simon's family and condole with them for this miserable event. Plus, they don't know Lara, unless Simon had spoken to them like the way he confided with him about his feelings for this woman. But, that's unlikely Simon. He never blabbered around about personal matters, not even to his parents.

The woman sits on the sofa. "I wanna be with you to apprehend Nikola myself."

So it's her motive. Not to condole neither console the grieving family of her boyfriend. 

"Please, Brent. I cannot sit down and wait. I wanna do the action!" She's very eager and relentless.

 I wanna do the action!" She's very eager and relentless