6: Lover's Tale

"Gotta shower now. It's 15 minutes after 8". Nikki holds Brent's head as she tries to stir him up. They drifted while they talked of their plans.

He looks up at her squinting. "Okay. I'll just have coffee while waiting for you."

She smiles. "Help yourself in the kitchen. I'll be quick." She puts his head on the pillow then goes to the shower.

The drizzle of cold water is like a refreshing wake-up call for her. Is she really willing to fully submit to Brent or she just leaves this place, move on to another country and forget this life with him? She's a wanderer. She loves her wanderings and the men that fall for her captivating beauty. Is she going to rest it all for a man who promised her protection? Is this the life that she wants with him? She's not even sure if he'd stay alive for long. Each man who comes close to her dies. She can't control their fate.

If she's a real jinx, she must leave Brent and spare his life even if she's already falling in love with the detective.

Deep in her thoughts, she did not notice Brent tiptoeing in the shower.

"A penny for your thought?" Brent embraces her from behind.

"Hey! I thought you're having coffee?!" She says giggling.

"I thought of a better way to be fully awake." He starts kissing her nape.

"Oh Brent, I will be late!" She tries to resist.

Brent cups her breasts with both hands. "Nope. This will be quick."

He's irresistible. Again the lovers enjoy another trek to their own little paradise where moans of pleasures break the silence of their surrounding as they clutch their ultimate quest for the carnal desire which seems to be unstoppable when they are together.

 Again the lovers enjoy another trek to their own little paradise where moans of pleasures break the silence of their surrounding as they clutch their ultimate quest for the carnal desire which seems to be unstoppable when they are together

Skin to skin, breathless moves that envelop them as one. With the promise of tomorrow that this is the only start of the many private moments they have to share. Far and beyond, Brent knows she's the woman for her. No one else.

They walk hand-in-hand to the Institute. Confident of their plans, Brent hails a taxi to the airport as Nikki blows her a kiss and waves goodbye.

As soon as he arrives at the L.A. airport, Brent takes a taxi to the Station. He must talk to Simon Powell. When he enters the CIU, all desks are vacant. His team is  huddled in the conference room. The  glass paneled wall shows Lara standing up as she discusses to the team  using a projector. Perhaps she has leads to confer with the team in solving the cases. He walks in as he rakes the room with his eyes but  Simon is not around. He sits down motioning Lara to continue.

"As we can see, the culprit was born as Alexandria May Clayton in New York. At 14, her mother brought her to Malaysia after marrying a local there. The teenager got involved with a gangster named Diego Lucas, one of the customers in the brothel where she worked as a prostitute."