0.3

*

*

Eleanor's weekend passed way too quickly and she soon found herself behind a desk. Her cup of coffee sitting next to her was the only reason she was getting through the morning. El had been up late that Sunday night, trying to cram in as much homework as she could get done - she liked having her schoolwork done early but time had gotten away from her. When Jess saw how tired her twin was, she offered to make a quick stop on the way to school.

Her head was laying on the desk and her hand was holding a pencil as she drew lazy circles on her notebook paper. She heard Bella begin to laugh next to her and peeked over at her friend. "How much sleep did you get?"

"Not enough." Eleanor mumbled, before going back to her drawings.

Bella laughed again before falling silent. El took one look at her face before sighing. "It's the first class of the day, Bella. You don't usually see him until lunch."

It had been a week since Edward had been at school and, while Bella hadn't said anything, Eleanor could tell her friend was eager to see when he'd show up. Bella shot her a look. "I didn't even say anything."

"The look on your face says it all." El picked up her head and flipped to a clean sheet of paper when their teacher walked in. "He can't stay away forever."

Bella sighed and opened her notebook as well. Eleanor took another sip of her coffee and rested her head in her hand, trying her best to pay attention to the teacher's ramblings.

---

Later that day, Mike, Bella and Eleanor made their way to biology class. The way Mike kept shooting Bella glances made Eleanor uncomfortable and she quickly made an excuse to leave them. "I'll be right back. I'll meet you in class."

The two told her bye, leaving Eleanor to slip into the bathroom. She turned to the mirror, trying her best to stall so she wouldn't catch up to her friends. The sound of footsteps entering the bathroom broke Eleanor away from the mirror and she smiled at Alice and Rosalie Cullen when they entered.

Alice Cullen grinned back at her, though Rosalie stood with a stern expression. "Hi!"

"Hi." Eleanor answered back, trying not to let her surprise show. In all the years she had went to school with the Cullen family, not one of them spoke to her - even when they ran into each other in the bathroom. 

Alice smiled and her eyes rolled of Eleanor. "I love that shirt. Where'd you get it?"

"Oh." Eleanor looked down at it. It was just a white blouse, so it was nothing special. "Some boutique in Seattle. I can't remember the name."

Alice hummed. The bell rang as Alice opened her mouth and her expression turned apologetic. "Well, gotta go. See you around, Eleanor."

The two girls walked out, leaving Eleanor standing shocked. She wasn't aware that the family knew who she was but she didn't give any more thought to it as she rushed to class. 

When she entered, her eyes found Bella and she smiled when she saw that she was sitting next to Edward. The teacher was explaining their activity of the day when Eleanor sat down next to Mike. Mike smiled at her when she sat and El returned it before she pulled out her supplies.

Throughout their experiments, Eleanor caught herself staring between her paper and Edward. Her mind began wandering and she found herself thinking of just how strange his family was. 

Carlisle and Esme were siblings who decided to adopt five children and, though that by itself was weird, the fact that they all looked similar was even weirder. What were the odds that seven people - who weren't all related - had the same golden eyes and pale skin? She thought of Dr. Cullen's hands and how cold they had been. Eleanor wasn't sure that she had ever felt a human hand that cold.

Eleanor wasn't usually a nosy person but she couldn't help her growing curiosity towards the family. Edward turned his head to look at the girl and Eleanor glared at him before turning her focus back to the assignment. In that moment, she decided she was going to figure out exactly what was going on with the Cullen family.

---

Eleanor chose her next lunch period to carry out her plan. She made sure that she was sat facing the Cullen table, leaving no person in between her and Edward. She turned her head to the table, tuning out her friends' conversations, and sought out Edward's mind. El placed her head in her hands and begin to use her magic to enter the boy's mind.

Images flashed by too quickly in her mind to get a solid glance at them. She huffed, pushing further into his mind to try and gain a grip - she had never done this before aside from the time she had accidentally did it to Jess. Pictures became clearer but most of his thoughts were centered around his family and, surprisingly, Bella Swan. There were rare flashes of animals and Eleanor assumed that Edward enjoyed being in nature.

Suddenly, Eleanor was pushed out of Edward's mind and pressed her hands into her head, trying to relieve the pressure of her new headache. She looked up, nearly startling when she caught Edward's glare.

Eleanor's eyes widened and she had to wonder if he knew what she was doing. The glare was gone from his face and in its place was a look of surprise. Though Edward had seen some of Eleanor's thoughts, he never paid her much mind - Eleanor's mind wasn't different than any other focused girl's. At school, she was always thinking of her next class and not her abilities. He realized now that maybe Eleanor was hiding a secret just as big as his family's own.

Eleanor stood up and turned to Jess. "I'm going home, I'll see you later."

Jess turned to her. "Are you okay?"

Her twin nodded and grabbed her backpack. "Yeah, I just don't really feel good - headache. See ya."

Eleanor looked to the Cullen's table one more time to see them all staring up at her. She raised a single brow at Edward before turning and walking out of the cafeteria.

'What in the hell just happened?' Eleanor thought.

***

I apologize for this chapter, because I had an idea of what to write, but I didn't know how to write it down, so this is what came out.

Am I moving this story on too fast? I wanted to fit all 4 books into this 1, so I'm going to make each part 10-13 chapters, probably.

Give me feedback!

xx pleuvoirx

edited 12/27