0.5

*

*

The house was unusually empty. It was weird not having the boys around. It was weird how quiet the house suddenly became, even if there were still five people there. However, Esme had disappeared, Rose and Bella hardly talked, and the only noise there was was classical music playing through a stereo.

"Are you guys hungry?" Alice asked, "Esme said she'd be happy to make something for you."

"I'm good," Eleanor smiled, glancing over at Bella, "thanks though."

It was late - nearly eleven. Eleanor knew she'd probably be up all night with at least one of the vampires. Nothing important was happening at school, so what was the point of sleeping?

Bella had disappeared up to Edward's room. She claimed she wanted to change, but she hadn't come back down, and it had been nearly an hour. Eleanor had a suspicion that Bella found out why Alice decided to have them over.

"Hey Rose?" El looked up at the blonde, who was staring back at her, "can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"When Bella asked if you were okay with her becoming a vampire, you said no. Why?" She was genuinely curious.

Rose's face fell for a mere second before she closed her eyes and sighed, "my human life was perfect. Absolutely perfect. But there were things I still wanted. To be married with a nice house and husband to kiss me when I came home. A family of my own," a small smile tugged at her lips while she reminisced.

"Royce King was the most eligible bachelor in town. I barely knew him, but I was young. I was in love with the idea of love. On the last night of my life, I was leaving a friend's house late. He was drinking with a group of men in the street when he called me over," Rosalie paused for a moment, composing herself, "they left me to die in the streets. I wanted to be. That's when Carlisle found me. He smelt all the blood. He thought he was helping me."

Eleanor frowned, looking down at her hands, "I'm so sorry, Rose."

"I got my revenge on them - one at a time. I saved Royce for last, so he'd know I was coming. I was a little theatrical back then," she said with a chuckle and a shrug, "things got better when I found Emmett. But we'll always be like this, frozen. That's what I miss the most, the possibilities. Sitting on a porch swing somewhere, Emmett grey haired by my side. Our grandchildren running around, laughing."

She suddenly turned to look at Carlisle's mate, "do you want to be a vampire?"

Eleanor pursed her lips as she thought of her answer, "yes and no. There's no doubt in my mind that I want to be with Carlisle forever, you know? But at the same time, I can't stop thinking about my mum and Jess. I couldn't just disappear without them knowing what happened to me. That would be the only thing holding me back. I never really wanted children."