1.8

*

*

Witnesses stood in the yard in front of the Cullen house as they said goodbye to their hosts. Eleanor watched their interactions with sad eyes. She had grown close to a lot of their witnesses and hated to watch them leave. Who knew when she'd see them again?

The whole situation still felt like a dream to her. They had defeated the Volturi and now they were supposed to just go on with their lives as normal? She felt like a complete superhero!

A hand on Eleanor's shoulder snapped her out of her thoughts and she turned to look at Carmen. The Denali woman flashed her a bright smile before pulling her into a hug, "it was so great to see you, Eleanor. I hope we'll meet again soon."

"Most definitely," Eleanor replied, "and be sure to keep your eye out for an invite!"

Carmen pulled again and wrapped her arm around Eleazar's waist, "we will."

El waved goodbye to the rest of the Denali's - including Garrett - and sighed. She would miss him the most out of all of their friends.

"Eleanor!"

The witch whipped around to meet Benjamin's stare and grinned, "Benjamin! Are you leaving now?"

"Yes," he answered as he pulled the girl into a hug, "but I wanted to tell you goodbye. Thank you for welcoming us."

"Thank you for helping," she said, sincerely, "I hope to see you in April."

"Yes, I hope we can make it," he released her, "goodbye Eleanor."

"Bye Benjamin."

The rest of their guests gradually made their way out of the clearing and soon it was just the Cullen family. Eleanor made her way over to Carlisle, Esme and her mate, Caleb. It was great that the woman had finally found him.

Carlisle opened his arms for Eleanor and she gladly welcomed his embrace. He kissed the top of her head, "it's finally over."

"Finally," Eleanor chuckled, "and hopefully nothing crazy ever happens again. I'd like to not risk my life anymore."

"I agree," Carlisle smiled, "your life is way too valuable."

Eleanor hid her red face behind a curtain of dark hair as she listened to the laughter of her family.

It was nice to know that they were finally safe. Eleanor and Carlisle could finally plan their wedding without the fear of the future. Their eternity was going to start the moment they said 'I do.'

"El," Alice said to her, "hate to rush you, but we need to get over to your mom's."

She had completely forgotten that she had to go to her mother's to plan the most important details. The reality of her wedding was finally sinking in and she could feel her excitement eating at her.

Carlisle let go of Eleanor's waist and picked up her hand. El stared up at him, "are you ready to do this?"

"Yeah," he grinned, "I'm ready."

---

[Major Time Skip]

Eleanor tapped her fingers against the binder in front of her as she read the notes inside of it. It was the fourteenth of March, exactly one month away from her wedding.

And she felt like she was nowhere near prepared.

Drawings of what her venue would look like laid in front of her, as well as color schemes and music playlists. They had decided on blue and gold for their colors, which Alice wasn't happy with at all. She claimed it didn't match the 'spring scene' - whatever the hell that was.

Her eyes scanned over the checklist typed out on the paper in the binder. Most chores were completed, though there were a few minor things left to do.

For example, she still wanted to learn how to dance properly. Carlisle and Alice had chosen loads of fast and slow songs and Eleanor was a shit dancer. She definitely did not want to embarrass herself on her wedding day.

A sigh left her lips as she ran a hand through her messy hair. A breeze of air cooled her face and she felt soft lips press to the back of her neck, causing her to release the tension from her shoulders, "Carlisle."

"Hi darling," he smiled against her skin before peering over her shoulder, "what're you doing?"

"Looking over our plans," she answered, "specifically the playlists."

"Why?" Carlisle chuckled.

"I'm thinking of all the ways I'm going to embarrass myself when we dance. I can't dance to save my life."

"You weren't too bad at Edward's wedding."

Eleanor rolled her eyes, "I want to  be perfect for ours."

Carlisle let out another soft laugh as he reached around and grabbed Eleanor's hand. He forced her to her feet before grabbing her other hand and pulling her towards him, "I'll teach you."

He stretched her arms so they rested behind his neck, then moved his own to rest on her waist, "for our first dance, we can just sway. Just like this."

Eleanor's eyes gazed her fiance's face as he moved them from side to side. His topaz eyes didn't move from hers as they danced. How could she be so lucky? That'd be a question she asked until the end of time.

Carlisle leaned down and rested his forehead against her own. His movements slowed to a stop, and the couple stood in complete silence for a moment, before Carlisle leaned down to capture her lips.

She moved her lips with his slowly, relishing in the familiar feeling of them. She sighed when he parted from her.

"I'll never understand how I got so lucky," Carlisle whispered, "you're the most incredible woman, Eleanor."

El pulled her head to meet his eyes, only to find his staring at her with completely loving eyes. Her breath hitched in her throat and she smiled, "you? Carlisle, you're the most incredible person I've ever met. I mean..."

She trailed off, a lump building in her throat, "I never thought that I'd meet anyone who makes me feel the way you do." she shook her head, trying to find the right words to say, "I never thought I'd find someone who makes me feel so comfortable about myself."

"I don't think you know how much I hated myself and my abilities before I met you guys," she laughed, thinking about her life before them, "I love you so much."

Carlisle leaned down for a passionate kiss, pulling her to him as tightly as he could. She returned the kiss with just as much emotion. He released her for a short moment, shaking his head, "if only you knew, Ellie."

***

V short chapter before the last chapter :(((

Hope you all enjoy this and the next one bc I'm crying writing the end of this.

pleuvoirx