1.5

I forgot to post this Monday oops  *

*

"When Aro wants someone from a coven it's never long before evidence turns up proving the coven has committed a crime." Eleazar spoke.

Soon after the Romanians arrived, the vampires gathered in the Cullen house. The news of Aro's witnesses came as a shock to everyone. No one had a clue of what to do, and the vampires had a new growing fear.

"So he's done this before?" Eleanor asked, looking straight at Eleazar.

"It happens so rarely," he nodded, "I never realized it was a pattern."

"Apparently he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repentant," Carlisle explained. Eleanor moved her eyes to him, only to see him staring straight at the floor with a solemn expression.

"This person always has an ability," Eleazar continued, "and they're always given a place with the Guard."

"Alice and Eleanor," Edward realized, "it must be why she left. But if he wants both of you, I don't understand why she wouldn't try and take you."

"Why does he have witnesses?" Emmett asked, looking at El worriedly.

"To spread the word that justice has been served," Alistair spoke from behind Carlisle. He stuck his hands in his pockets as he continued, "after he slaughters an entire coven."

Suddenly, Eleanor felt sick to her stomach, and she reached behind her to grab Carlisle's hand. She couldn't believe the Volturi were coming after them, she couldn't believe any of this was happening.

Amun stepped forward, "Tia, Benjamin, we're leaving."

"And where will you go?" Edward snapped, "what makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice or Eleanor? What's to stop them from going after Benjamin next?" He looked around the room, "or Zafrina, or Kate, or anyone else with a gift. Anyone they want. Their goal isn't punishment, it's power. It's acquisition."

Edward paused and shook his head, "Carlisle may not ask you to fight but I will. For the sake of my family. For the sake of yours. And for the way that you want to live."

The room was silent as the vampires all shared looks. Eleanor looked around desperately, waiting for someone to step up and fight with them. To fight for themselves. Her eyes moved to Jacob as he stood, "the packs will fight. We've never been afraid of vampires."

The Denali's stood next, and Tanya spoke, "we'll fight too."

Benjamin locked eyes with Edward, "we'll join you."

"Benjamin no," Amun shook his head, sternly. Benjamin looked at his friend and grinned, "I will do the right thing, Amun."

"We will stand with you."

"And so will we."

The rest of the vampires rose to their feet, and swore the alliance with the Cullens'. A slight feeling of hope spread through Eleanor's body as she watched the vampires. Maybe they would have a chance against the Volturi after all.