0.7

Just wanted to tell you guys that you're the best readers and I love you all! *

*

She didn't know how it happened. The last thing she wanted was to be squished in between Bella and Jacob in Bella's truck.

Bella had called her last minute and practically begged Eleanor to hang out with her and Jacob. At the time, it didn't seem like an awful idea. Now that she was with them, she wished she was back at home in her bed.

At least they were going to a party with the rest of the pack. Eleanor was happy to be seeing them again.

As soon as they arrived at the Reservation, Eleanor pushed Jacob out, and ran over to Emily and Sam. Sam's imprint pulled Eleanor into a hug, "it's been so long! How are you?"

"Better now that I'm out of that truck," she joked.

Emily and Sam just chuckled. The rest of the pack gathered around Eleanor, welcoming her to the cookout.

"You know we're talking about tribe legends," Paul told her, "you and Bella are the first outsiders to hear about them."

Eleanor suddenly felt uncomfortable being there. It wasn't her place to learn about the tribe legends- she wasn't a part of it.

"Maybe I should go, then."

"No, you're fine. Paul's just being a jerk." Embry joked, and wrapped his arm around El's shoulders. "Let's go sit down."

Eleanor followed Quil and Embry over to a small log and sat in between them. Billy sat next to Sam and Emily in his wheelchair. His eyes skimmed over Eleanor and Bella, causing Eleanor to grow nervous. She shouldn't have been there.

"The Quileutes have been a small tribe since the beginning," Billy began, "but we've always had magic in our blood. We were great spirit warriors. Shape shifters that transform into the powerful wolf."

His eyes were focused on the fire. He seemed to be watching the story play out in his head.

"This enabled us to scare off our enemies and protect our tribe. One day, our warriors came across a creature," his eyes snapped up to Eleanor's. She tensed up, holding her breath until he continued again, "it looked like a man, but it was hard as stone and cold as ice."

He moved his eyes to Bella, and Eleanor's shoulders sagged in relief, "our warrior's sharp teeth finally tore it apart, but only fire would completely destroy it. They lived in fear, for the Cold One was not alone. And they were right."

Billy looked towards Jacob, then moved around the rest of the pack, "she took her vengeance out on the village. Our elder chief, Taha Aki, was the only spirit warrior left to save our tribe after his son was killed. Taha Aki's Third Wife could see that he would lose."

"The Third Wife was no special being. She had no magical powers or abilities except one, courage," he looked back at Eleanor for a moment, "the Third Wife's sacrifice distracted the Cold Woman long enough for Taka Aki to destroy her. She saved the tribe."