0.6

Early chapter for you guys! It's just a filler, but hope you enjoy!

*

After weeks of careful rebuilding, the bikes were finally ready. While Eleanor was excited that they were done, she also worried that she and Bella wouldn't have a reason to visit Jake anymore. She had grown quite close to the boy lately, along with Embry and Quil.

But Embry hadn't been showing up in the garage lately, leaving Eleanor to worry after her new friend. When she asked Jacob about his disappearances, the boy told her to drop it and didn't give out another drop of information.

Now, the three of them sped down the road through La Push, Eleanor smashed between the two as she sat in the middle. Her fingers fiddled together in her lap, and she looked past Bella out the window, taking in the ocean and the cliffs.

Jacob sighed beside Eleanor. "If I told you guys, I couldn't fix these bikes, what would you say?"

Eleanor huffed a laugh, nudging her friend as she did. "Are you suddenly doubting your skills?"

"Definitely not." Jake laughed for a moment before stopping, the expression on his face shifting into something somber. "I just..."

Eleanor waited for him to continue but, when it was clear he wouldn't, Bella jumped in. "If you told us that you wouldn't have been able to fix these bikes, I'd say that's really too bad, but we're going to have to find something else to do."

Jacob's lips quirked up and El smiled briefly, before turning her attention back to the ocean. Her eyes lingered on the cliffs rising from the water, catching on a group of men. "Is that Sam Uley?"

The group consisted of four or five boys, each of them looking shirtless and dangerously close to the edge. Sam Uley pulled another boy towards the edge with the help of a friend and sent him towards the water.

Bella gasped beside Eleanor, sending the truck into park before opening her door. Eleanor and Jacob followed in suit. "Oh, my God! Did you see that?"

Jacob began to laugh beside Eleanor, causing the two brunettes to look at him. "Relax, Bella! They're not fighting, they're cliff jumping. Scary as hell, but a total rush."

"A rush?" Bella asked, her eyes flickering back towards the boys. Eleanor could almost see the wheels turning inside her friend's head and clenched her jaw. She could stop at nothing to see Edward, even if it meant putting herself in danger.

"I've never seen people jump from that high." Eleanor told Jacob. Eric and Mike had tried to convince the girls to go before, but Eleanor had never seen the appeal.

"Most of us jump from lower down." Jake replied with a shrug, his dark eyes glaring towards the group. "We'll leave the showing off to Sam and his disciples."

Bella turned again, catching sight of Jacob's glare. "Do you have some kind of beef with them?"

Jacob hesitated, and Eleanor thought that he wouldn't elaborate before he sighed again. "They just think they own the place. Embry used to call them hall monitors on steroids. Now look at him."