1.2

I can't believe we're already at 3k  😭❤️*

*

The quietness of the hospital waiting room was unnerving. Even in the early afternoon hours, no one walked in or out of the hospital. Usually Eleanor didn't mind silence but, after the night she had, she needed a little noise.

El's leg bounced as she waited, her fingernails in between her teeth. She was the only one in the room - besides the receptionist who sat behind the desk. Edward was in Bella's room, while Renee and Charlie were in the cafeteria. They had come down that morning, right after Carlisle had informed them that there'd been an accident.

She assumed the rest of the Cullens' left, not wanting to deal with the pressure of being in a hospital.

She had turned her phone back on that morning, not eager to see what messages were awaiting her. It had pinged with several missed calls and messages and El regretted turning it off in the first place. She had replied to all messages, telling her mother that she'd be home soon to explain.

"Eleanor." Edward's voice disrupted her silence, causing her to jump out of her seat. His face was void of emotion but his tone gave away his feelings. Eleanor wondered what had happened inside Bella's room. "She wants to speak with you."

Eleanor brushed her sweaty hands over her jeans as she followed behind Edward. He pointed out Bella's room, taking care not to go too close. El offered him a smile as she reached forward to twist the door knob.

Bella was lying flat on the bed, head propped up by a few pillows. An IV was stuck in her hand, which was lying across her stomach. She looked just as pale as she had last night, purple bags decorating her under eyes. Eleanor knocked on the door to alert Bella of her presence. "Hey."

"Hey." Bella began to push herself up into a sitting position, wincing as she did so. Eleanor rushed to help her.

"Are you feeling better?" El asked when Bella was finally situated.

"Yeah, just still kind of freaked out." Bella mumbled, her voice hoarse. She studied Eleanor, who awaited her questions patiently. "What are you?"

El huffed a laugh, looking down to her hands. "It's complicated."

"Are you a vampire, too? You're... you had powers." She stuttered, staring at Eleanor's hands.

Eleanor shook her head as she raised her hand, twirling her fingers. "No, I'm not a vampire. I'm human but I can do things that others can't. I have no idea where they came from."

"These are what helped me find out about the Cullens'." El continued, letting her fingers fall into her lap. "They've been helping me learn how to control them."