0.9

*

*

It had been a week since El had found out she was Carlisle's mate. While most of her time was spent at the Cullen household, she was usually dragged away by Alice or busy training her abilities. She hadn't been alone with Carlisle since she found out.

Edward was bringing Bella over to meet his family and Eleanor was nervous. She didn't necessarily want Bella knowing about her and Carlisle or her powers just yet. Jasper had told Carlisle how El was feeling so he decided to distract her by taking her on a walk. 

They strolled through the forest, hands and shoulders brushing but both too nervous to entwine them. "So Alice is Jasper's mate, right? And Rosalie is Emmett's?"

"Yes. Rosalie found Emmett after he was attacked by a bear. I changed him and they got married soon after." Eleanor raised her eyebrows, shocked by the information. "Alice saw Jasper in one of her visions before she met him. They met in a a diner in Philadelphia. Alice told him about our coven and they joined us in the 50's."

"Wow," Eleanor laughed. "Are they married too?"

"Yeah." Carlisle answered, before sticking his hands in his pockets. He snuck a glance at Eleanor. "Were you born with your powers?" 

"No." she muttered. She still didn't like to talk about them."I first realized I had them when I was ten."

Carlisle hummed, still curious as to why her powers just randomly appeared. "Did you tell anyone?"

Eleanor laughed ironically. She tried to imagine how telling her mom or sister would go. "Of course not."

The two walked in silence for a few moments. Eleanor closed her eyes as she walked, enjoying the sounds of nature around her as she walked beside Carlisle.

"So what about you?" She switched her attention to him. "When were you turned into a vampire?"

Carlisle huffed a laugh. "I was born in London in 1640, the son of a vampire hunter." At Eleanor's incredulous look, he snorted. "Ironic, I know. I was actually on a hunt when I was turned in 1663."

His shoulders hunched forward, telling Eleanor that he didn't enjoy talking about this either. "After the change, I was horrified of what I had become. I had tried everything I could to kill myself. Starvation, drowning. One day, I was hiding in a cave when I saw a deer come by. I was so hungry, I couldn't stop myself from attacking it. After that I decided to feed on animal blood."

Eleanor frowned up at him. She couldn't imagine having to go through that alone.  "That sounds so awful. I'm sorry."

Carlisle shook his head, stopping in his tracks. He looked around the forest before settling his gaze on Eleanor. "It may have been bad in the beginning, but I wouldn't change a thing now. I found Edward, and Esme, and the rest of my family. I found you."