1.3

*

*

"At least we'll be able to go to London again. We haven't been there in a while."

Eleanor glanced at Esme and Carlisle as she finished packing the last few things in her case. She watched as her fiance zipped his case up and chuckle, "leave it to you to make this task into a trip."

"Eleanor will be able to meet our friends too, Carlisle," Esme smiled at her friend, "it'll be a good trip even if we don't get witnesses."

Carlisle and Eleanor only shared an amused look, as Jacob walked into the sitting room. He glanced around the room before stopping to stand beside Renesmee, "let's get this show on the road."

Jacob looked up towards the back door, along with the rest of the vampires. Eleanor looked up at Carlisle, who was focused on the figure outside the door, and followed him outside. Her eyes widened at the sight of Sam.

She was tempted to wrap the man into a hug, until she saw the serious look on his face. The alpha stepped forward and handed Carlisle a note, "Alice asked me to give you that. She and Jasper crossed our lands to the ocean last night."

Carlisle looked up at Sam curiously, before opening the piece of paper.

Eleanor peered over his shoulder to read it. Her eyebrows furrowed as she read the words spread over the paper: 'Gather as many witnesses as you can before the snow sticks. That's when they'll come."

Eleanor's mouth fell open in realisation, and she glanced up at Carlisle. Carlisle looked around his coven, with sadness reflecting in his features. Esme frowned, "Carlisle?"

"They've left us," he mumbled, folding the note back together.

A pit of anger grew in Eleanor's stomach at the thought of Alice and Jasper leaving them. Everyone was in danger, and the two had the nerve to leave them when they were needed most? She was fuming.

"Why?" Rosalie asked, voicing everyone's thoughts.

"She didn't say," he answered. His voice was full of grief, and the thought of Eleanor's mate being upset faded her anger, slightly. All she wanted was to comfort him.

"Can I see that?" Bella asked, stepping forward with her hand out. Carlisle handed the note over to Bella, who unfolded it and read it again. Eleanor watched Bella turn over the paper, and read a note on the back.

Bella frowned, but folded the note, and didn't say another word.

---

Eleanor grabbed her case from the belt with a huff, and set it beside her, before looking towards Carlisle and Esme. The three had just landed in Egypt, and waiting to meet their first potential witness.