Chapter Twenty Six 2/2

After having the guards drag Xiao Yu out of the room, I was left alone with the tiny bottle in my hand.

What will I do with this?

I slipped it under my pillow and decided to dispose it tomorrow.

That crazy girl.

And I thought she was on my side. So much for loyalty!

Sitting on the bed for what feels like hours, I started to feel drowsy and my eyes started to droop. I was not able to sleep last night and the marriage ceremony has exhausted me.

Where is Chen Mu? What's taking him so long.

I yawned as I laid on the bed. Feeling the soft mattress, my tensed muscles started to relax and soon, sleep has taken over me.

My rest was cut short when I heard the doors slammed shut, announcing someone's entrance. I immediately sat up and adjusted the head crown that was holding the veil.

"First prince, is that you?" I asked in a low tone.

There was no answer but I heard the approaching footsteps.

"Chen Mu?"

The veil was lifted off my head and revealed the stoic face of Chen Mu. He wasn't smiling nor was he frowning.

"Of course, it's me. Were you expecting someone else?" He queried in a passive tone.

I shook my head.

What's wrong with him?

He started to remove the head crown and accessories attached to my hair. I just sat motionless, letting him do what he wants to do.

"Turn around." He ordered.

What is he planning to do?

Despite my hesitations, I did as I was told to do and turned my back on him. I felt his hands lay on my neck and I stiffened in my seat.

"Relax," he gently ran his warm hands through my neck and down to my spine, "I know you were tired."

He applied a pressure on his touch and started to massage my shoulders. I closed my eyes, enjoying the soothing sensation.

"I didn't know the first prince is a good masseuse." I joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Its not for free though." He answered.

My eyes shot open and was about to turn towards him but he stopped me, "But since its our first night, I won't charge fees."

Now, he's back to teasing me.

"Where have you been?" I ignored what he said and changed the topic.

"Outside. Guests."

I sighed.

Why is it so hard to talk to you?

"I mean, you haven't shown yourself for the past days." I rolled my eyes even if he can't see it.

"Did you miss me?"

You wish!

I slapped his hand and turned towards his direction so that we were face to face.

"Don't misunderstand me," I said and flipped my hair, "I was simply asking because..."

"Because?" He raise his brows in question.

What do I tell him?

"Because I wanted to."

Bai Fan, your reasoning skill is declining.

He smiled at my answer and sat beside me. We both turned quiet as I don't know what else to say. Add up the fact that my heart has started to beat fast again. So I focused my sight at the portrait of a single tree, like it was the most interesting thing inside the room.

"Fan'er..." He called my attention.

I looked at him and almost fainted seeing the tiny bottle in his hand. I quickly jumped on my feet and reached for the bottle. His reflex was faster as he was able to dodge my attempt.

"Give that back!" I exclaimed in alarm.

But instead of doing so, he raised his hands higher and further away from me. I grabbed his arm and tugged on it but he groaned in pain.

I quickly let go of him as I felt the wetness in my hand. I raised my hand and saw blood on it.

"Are you injured?" I started to panic.

"Just a small wound." He shrugged.

A small wound but there was so much blood?

"Let me see." I commanded. He didn't budge so I was the one who took his arms and lifted the red sleeves up. I bit my lips seeing the wound.

"What happened?" I questioned him.

"I fell down."

What a terrible liar!

The wound was a long straight cut. It was obviously caused by a knife or a sword.

But I won't force you to tell me the truth. I'll wait for you to open up.

"Did the royal physician see this?" I acted like I believed his reason and he nodded in response.

I called for Xiao Yu to bring in disinfectant and clean bandage. She came in with the tray in her hand.

"Miss, its normal to bleed because its your first time." Xiao Yu whispered with a knowing smile in her face.

"Xiao Yu, you better leave before I call the guards again." I dismissed her. She grinned before happily hopping off.

"Let me clean it." I said as I took Chen Mu's arm and laid it on top of my lap.

I'm about to wipe the blood off but he handed me a white cloth which I used and applied the medicine before wrapping it with the bandage.

"There you go, its done." I smiled and apologized for grabbing his arm earlier.

"Fan'er..."

"Yes?"

"What is this?" Chen Mu raised the tiny bottle in front of my face.

Ahh, how can I forget!

He opened the cap and was about to take a whiff of it but I was able to take it from him. And I did the most logical thought that came to me at that very moment.

I drank it.

All of it.

I regret everything.

Chen Mu laughed at my action and muttered, "Cute."

Xiao Yu, start praying to your ancestors.

Out of embarrassment and annoyance, I climbed up the bed. I laid on the farthest corner, piled a couple of pillows between us and pulled up the blanket to my head.

I won't spend the first night with you! I can't believe I even consider doing that thing with you earlier!

I felt the bed dip on the other corner so I can tell that Chen Mu has laid down as well.

Once again, the room was enveloped in silence. Chen Mu didn't move nor speak.

Is he already sleeping?

Ahh, so frustrating!

I closed my eyes tightly. I tried to sleep but the uncomfortable feeling started to bother me, like wildfire spreading all over my body.

I lowered the blanket towards my chest and caught a deep breath. I started to sweat so I kicked the blanket off me.

"Fan'er?" Chen Mu noticed my movements and asked in worry.

"Help me." I answered in a breathy voice.

Chen Mu crawled to my side and held me up, "What do you want me to do?"

"Chen Mu..."

"Yes?"

"I'm hot."