Chapter Fifty Eight

This poor child...

Blinded by Chen Mu's good looks...

If she only knew...

Ahem... Ahem... Clears throat...

"'Little Sister,' do you really like his highness that much?" I asked.

Princess Lu Si's face lightened up as she nodded profusely, her face reddening just of the thought of Chen Mu.

"Very much?"

"Yes, big sister! I like Prince Chen Mu," Princess Lu Si spread her arms to emphasize her words, "very much!"

Hmm...

"Come..." I took her hand and led her to the nearby pavilion I saw earlier. I sat her in front of me and made sure we were seeing eye to eye.

"Who are you?" I questioned her.

Princess Lu Si's raised her brows in confusion.

"Tell me, who are you?" I repeated again.

"I am the third daughter of the King of Han Empire, Princess Lu Si." She answered as her brows furrowed, still not sure why I was asking her the obvious.

"You are the third daughter of the King of Han Empire, Princess Lu Si. Correct?" I repeated her words.

"Yes."

"As a princess, you are a proud descendant of the mighty Han. Correct?"

She nodded.

"If you truly want to marry his highness, the First Prince of Xu Empire," I paused for a second and watched her reaction, "Are you willing to lower yourself as a concubine?"

"Big sister, give me your posi-"

"If you're thinking of replacing me as the first wife, it won't happen. The marriage was decreed by the Emperor of the Xu Empire. Don't you think it is unwise to go against the ruler of the land?"

Princess Lu Si stared at me as if I have grown two heads. I took her silence as a signal to continue.

"Are you, the third princess of the mighty Han, willing to leave your home and live at Xu Empire for the rest of your life?"

"If I ever miss home, I can always demand to go back here. I am a princess!" Princess Lu Si exclaimed, anger evident in her voice.

"Yes, here, you are a princess. You can do whatever you want. Once you marry into the Chen Manor, you are still a princess, but only in title."

"I'm sure his highness will let me do what I want! I'm a member of the Han royal family!"

"Are you sure? Remember, Han Empire is Han Empire. Xu Empire is Xu Empire. Once you marry his highness, you aren't a person of Han anymore."

"But what about you?!" Princess Lu Si stood up and pointed at me, "His highness does not lock you up! He even brought you here!"

"I am the first wife. You will be a concubine. My name will be written in the family registry, yours won't. There's a big difference." I calmly answered.

"Are you saying this to scare me?" Princess Lu Si barked in suspicion, "If you think I will change my mind, then I am telling you, I won't!"

I took a deep breath and exhaled in a puff.

Wow, this is hard. I need a boost.

"Princess Lu Si, it is up to you whether you should take my words in a good way or twist it in a negative way," I also stood up and fixed the crease in my dress, "I'll leave so you can think about what you truly want."

As soon as I took a step forward, Princess Lu Si called for me, "Wait..."

I turned to look at her and she was crying. I quickly took my clean handkerchief from my sleeves and handed it to her. If someone saw us, they'll think I was bullying their beloved princess. Then they'll have me locked up in their underground dungeon, torture me, skin me alive, burn me in a stake...

Okay, enough.

"Princess Lu Si, my intention is not to scare you but to make you see things more clearly." I muttered in a soft voice as I patted her back to calm her down.

But instead of calming down, she cried even harder. A second ago, only tears were being shed, now, she's grabbing my sleeves to wipe her nose. I felt like crying as well.

My dress... ˚‧º·(˚ ˃̣̣̥⌓˂̣̣̥ )‧º·˚

I'm such a good person. They better make me a statue, offer fragrant incense and kowtow like they would to their ancestors.

"What do I do now?" Princess Lu Si managed to speak in between sobs, "I really like his highness..."

Suddenly, an idea popped inside my head.

"Stop crying already, you'd turn ugly." I threatened her, I mean, I comforted her.

And magically, she did.

"How about this..."

Princess Lu Si looked at me, a flicker of new hope sparkled in her eyes.

"I'll let you have his highness Chen Mu f-"

"Thank you big sister! I knew it! I know you have a good heart!" Princess Lu Si jumped up as she happily hugged me tightly. Too tight.

Eeeeeh, can't breath.

[[Riu: Mistress, please don't say that. Master won't like it. ( ⚆ _ ⚆ )]]

"Wait a minute! Hear me out first." I pulled myself from Princess Lu Si's suffocating, I mean, too affectionate hug.

Princess Lu Si excitedly nodded her head. Earlier, she looked like a bullied kid, as if I have stolen her favorite lollipop. Now, she looked too lively, as if I have resurrected her pet goldfish.

I'm regretting it already...

"Here's the deal, we will stay here for another day and you will spend it with his highness, the first prince."

Princess Lu Si narrowed her eyes on me.

"No worries. I won't bother you two. Just the both of you."

"What's the catch?" Princess Lu Si poked me.

"Nothing. Just spend the day with his highness. You can both do what you want. I won't say anything." I smiled at her, "After spending the entire day with him and you still want to marry him, then I, myself, will write a divorce letter."

"Is this for real? Are you not lying to me?" Princess Lu Si raised her brows.

"Of course not, I wouldn't dare offend the third princess of the mighty Han empire." I patted her shoulder.

Princess Lu Si remained quiet as she bit her lower lip, probably thinking about my proposition.

Wanting to go back to Chen Mu's side, I cleared my throat, "Deal?"

"Deal!"

Ahh, Bai Fan, you're so nice. So nice, ascend as a saint, ahh!