Chapter Sixty

I stiffened on my chair, the smile on my face became frozen as I narrowed my eyes on the fidgeting figure of the man in front of me.

"I didn't hear you clearly. Repeat what you said." I said.

Riu uncomfortably shifted on his seat, lowering his head, "Mistress, Emperor Lu decreed a marriage between his highness and the third princess..."

"Ha ha ha ha ha!"

Wow! Riu knows how to joke now!

"Riu," I clutched my stomach, tears rolling down my cheeks as I laughed loudly, not caring whether it was ladylike to do so or not. Wiping the water coming from my eyes, I tried to calm myself down, "I didn't know you were quite humorous!"

Riu looked at me with pity in his eyes and with clear expression, he spoke, "Mistress, I am not joking."

"What do you mean you're not joking?" I laughed once again as I slapped my hand against his arms, "Of course, you're joking! You can't tell me otherwise!"

Riu is joking.

Riu is joking.

Calm down.

Breath.....

"Mistress, please prepare and we will be going back to Xu Empire now." Riu stood up and was about to leave but I quickly blocked his path, spreading my arms to stop him.

Is this a prank?

"Riu, this isn't funny anymore. Take me to his highness!" I demanded.

"Mistress, the first prince is in the palace right now. His highness just received the decree and is now preparing for the wedding tomorrow. Master told me to bring you back to Chen Manor."

Isn't that too fast?

What exactly is happening?

Before I could react, Riu had already left me. I trried to ran after him but the door was locked from the outside and heard Riu commanding the guards not to let me out of the room.

"Riu! Open this door! I need to go to the palace!" I started to panic. It seemed like Riu was actually not joking.

"Riu!" I continued to pound the door but my pleas were left to deaf ears.

I dashed towards the windows and found out that it was also locked. Feeling lost and defeated, I slumped on the floor. The reality of what Riu said, I still refused to believe. It just won't sink in to me.

Chen Mu won't do this to me...

He wouldn't...

My waterworks started to work again. But now, the reason was different from earlier.

Chen Mu, you @#$&#$@$!!!

Just then, the door opened and revealed Prince Mo Li. I swiftly stood up and approached him.

"Aiya! Princess Fan Fan, you look miserable!" He said as he looked at me.

"Prince Mo Li, take me to the palace!" I ignored his teasing and pulled him towards the door.

"Okay, okay, calm down." He laughed as I dragged him towards the carriage. I told the servant to bring us to the palace.

As the carriage started moving, I anxiously tapped my foot against the wooden flooring of the carriage.

"Princess Fan Fan, now, you have a little sister!" Prince Mo Li clapped his hands and I gave him a glare.

Little sister your sister!

"I have to applaud this Princess Lu Si. I can't believe she was able to seduce Mu'er. What a talented young lady!"

Shut up!

"Ahh, I even lost a bet."

A bet? What bet?

"Princess Fan Fan, I was overly confident of you so I laid my bet on you. Who would have thought that Princess Lu Si is quite resourceful. Now, I have to pay those ingrates a couple taels." Prince Mo Li sighed.

This...

This @#$_&&#@$!!!

"Are we not there yet?" I asked, as far as I remember the Palace was just two blocks away from the residence where we were living, "What is taking us so long?"

Suspicions arise from my chest, I hurriedly raised the curtain and looked at the outside, "Wait, why does this road look familiar?"

As realization hit me, I also raised my hands to hit the jolly man in front of me, "You, traitor!"

We were going back to the Xu Empire!

"Stop the carriage!" I shouted but the carriage didn't stop, instead, it went faster.

"I said, stop the carriage or I will jump!" I threatened them, kicking the carriage door open, ready to jump.

"Aiya! Princess Fan Fan!" Prince Mo Li pulled me in and sat me on in front of me, "Relax."

The last thing I remember before I lost consciousness was the sudden pain in my neck as Prince Mo Li casually lift his hand and striked my neck.

When I woke up, I was greeted by the familiar grinning face of Xiao Yu.

"Xiao Yu..."

They bullied your mistress...

Huhu...

I pulled Xiao Yu and hugged her, letting my pent up emotions out.

"Uwaaaa..."

Xiao Yu was taken aback by my sudden outburst but still, she softly rubbed my back, comforting me, "Miss, please don't cry."

"Uwaaaa..."

I feel betrayed.

Riu, that traitor.

Prince Mo Li, another traitor.

Chen Mu, the leader of the traitors.

I cursed Chen Mu mentally with all the colorful words that I can think of. I think my vocabulary just expanded.

"I don't need concubines. You're more than enough."

Pei! Pei! Pei!

After I have finally calmed down, Xiao Yu released me and with concern written on her face, she asked me, "Miss, what happened?"

"Nothing. I just missed father." I lied.

I didn't have the heart to tell her that soon, her mistress will be chased out of the Chen Manor.

Xiao Yu smiled at me, "Miss, they did say that when a woman becomes pregnant, she will also become emotional."

"Is that so?" I gave her a smile of my own, trying to rein in the tears that are threatening to spill again.

I wish I was pregnant so at the least, I'll have a tiny Mu Mu with me.

"Yes, miss. So don't cry anymore. I'm sure General Bai also misses you. He even sent you tonics when you were gone." Xiao Yu happily reported.

Father, this daughter is a failure.

Huhu...

"Xiao Yu, pack all our belongings." With new resolution, I ordered Xiao Yu, "Let's go back to the Western Border!"

"But miss..."

"No buts. Just do as what I've said. Tonight, let's go home." I declared with much conviction.

What's the use of staying here? There's no reason anymore.

"Who said you can leave?" A voice echoed through the four corners of my room, "I haven't even punished you yet."

A few chapters more and we'll have to end Another World ho ho