2. Catching Up

Song: 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton (lol)

"Thank you," I say, smiling at Kade as he holds the restaurant door open for me. He winks at me, just before placing a firm smack on my bottom as I walk ahead of him.

I giggle, glancing back at him as my cheeks redden, and then he catches up to me, placing his arm around my shoulder. "Alright, Damian texted me, saying that they were sitting at the big tables close to the back of the room," Kade says, scanning the area.

"There they are," I say pointing to a stretched table at the back of the room.

"Oh, I see them," Kade says, leading us over to the table.

"Hey, Guys!" Sage exclaims as she sees us.

I smile as I circle the table to see Easton. "Hey Sage," I reply, picking Easton up from his highchair. "Oh, Romeo!" I exclaim, cooing as Kade takes a seat beside Damian. "Auntie Iris missed you, Big Boy." He giggles at me, reaching his hand up to tangle it in my hair. I glance over to Sage. "Look at those curls," I laugh. "He looks more like Cole every time I see him."

I stifle another laugh as Sage rolls her eyes, dramatically. "I carry the child for nine months, go through hell to push him out of my vag, and sacrifice my body, just for him to look and act just like Cole."

"Come sit down, Babe," Kade says, patting the seat between him and Noah. I feel my stomach sink as my eyes flicker towards Noah, meeting his gaze. His arm falls from around Jessica's shoulder as he sees me, and he smiles.

"Hey, Iris," he says.

I nod, pulling the chair out. "Hey, Noah," I reply, politely, before quickly trying to dodge a conversation with him. "Damian, how is the job search going?" I ask.

He grins. "It's going great, actually. I've had three callbacks, so far, and I have an interview in a couple of days."

"Wow," Kade interjects. "That's awesome. That'll help a lot with bills."

"I know. Plus, it'll get me off my ass," Damian replies, jokingly.

"I need to get off my ass," Sage groans. "I feel like I'm stuck at home with Easton, all the time."

Cole tosses his arm over her shoulder. "I thought you wanted to stay home with Easton until he turned one."

She nods. "Yes, but he's only three months old, and I'm already going stir crazy- Even in the new house."

"Do I need to come over again tonight and help you unpack some more?" I ask her.

She shrugs. "If you want to, but I don't want you lifting anything heavy."

I scoff. "I'll be fine. I'm not going to do anything to hurt the baby."

"I can't drive you, though," Kade says, frowning. "And you're not on the insurance, yet, so you can't take the SUV. I have work tonight."

"I can take you," Noah interjects, almost too quickly.

I glance over to him. "You don't have to. I could just leave from here with Sage."

"Actually," Sage says. "Cole and I need to take Easton to go get his three month shots, and then we have to go pay some bills."

"Don't you and Jessica have plans tonight?" I ask Noah, trying to find an excuse not to ride with him.

"I have work, too," Jessica says, frowning. "Night shift at the diner. I'm having to cover someone's shift."

"Oh," I say, nodding. I glance back up to Noah. "OK, you can take me later, I guess. Thank you."

He grins, letting his bright blue eyes linger on mine for a moment too long. "No problem."

***

Kade and I are the first to get home, ahead of Damian and Noah. I walk into the bedroom to change into something comfier before I have to go help Sage unpack.

"So," Kade says, walking through the door. "Last night, you mentioned something about going to see your father."

I nod, dropping my shirt to the floor and sliding my jeans off. "Yea, I don't know why. I never thought I'd ever want to go back. I just kind of want him to see how good I am doing for myself without him. I don't want to rub it in his face or anything. I just want him to know that I turned out fine. I about to be a mother, I'm in college, and I have a great fiance. I want him to know that I didn't need him to be OK."

Kade gives me a sympathetic smile. "I understand, Angel. Maybe, next week when I get paid, I could fill the tank up with gas and we could pay him a visit. You could try to hit up your old friend, Lindsey, too."

I grin. "I hadn't even thought about that. I wonder what she is up to. I really need to get Facebook back."

As I say this, Kade closes the distance between us, wrapping his arms around my waist. When he speaks, his voice comes out in a smooth, deep, tone, and I feel my body begin to tingle, the same way it does every time he is this close. "You can do that later," he mumbles, bringing his lips closer to mine. "I think you're going to be busy for the next hour or so." With that, he grabs my ass, firmly, hoisting me up. My legs and arms automatically wrap around his as I begin to slowly kiss him back.

He groans lightly against my lips, and turns to carry me to the bed. "I need to finish get dressed," I murmur, smiling into the kiss.

He scoffs, quietly. "And, I need to finish get you undressed."

I am placed onto the bed as Kade positions himself over me, trying not to put any pressure on my bump. "OK," I say, beginning to pant as his lips slowly make their way down my neck, all the way to the tops of my breasts. "Just a quickie, though."

His mouth comes back to my ear as he whispers, causing me to feel his hot breath graze my sensitive skin. "Whatever you say, Angel."