5. Love, Too Soon

Song: Drugs by Eden

A/N: This is totally unrelated to the story, but I just wanted to say that the artist in this song, Eden, is literally one of the most talented people ever, to me, and if you like this song, go check out more of his stuff. It's all so amazing, and he is who I listen to most of the time when I write. Thank you for reading "xo"

It's almost midnight when Sage and Cole finally return home. Sage hobbles in on crutches. "Where's my baby?" She asks, panting.

"I'm right here. Don't worry," Noah replies, raising his hand from the couch across the room from me. "It was a rough night, but Iris and Easton took good care of me."

Cole laughs. "Shut up, Idiot. Is Easton Asleep?"

"I laid him back down after a diaper change and a bottle about an hour ago," I reply, smiling to Sage.

She grins. "Right on time. You're so ready for that little girl!"

I laugh, placing my hand over my belly. "I don't feel ready at all, but thanks."

"I felt that way, too," Sage says. "When she is here though, you'll just know, though."

I stand, going to slip my shoes on. "I hope so. Noah and I need to get back. Kade will be home, soon."

Cole sighs. "Sorry we didn't get to hang tonight, Noah."

Noah walks to the door and grabs his shoes, too. "It's fine. We can hang another day. I know you've been really busy with work and Easton lately."

We say our goodbyes, and then Noah and I head home.

"You really don't feel like you're ready to be a mom?" Noah asks, glancing over to me.

I sigh. "I don't know. I mean, I don't feel ready, and I'm scared. At the same time, though, I'm excited, and I want her to be here already so badly."

He laughs. "That's odd." It's quiet for a moment, and then Noah nods. "You're going to be a good mother, Iris. You were amazing with Easton all night tonight."

I can't help but smile. "Thanks, Noah."

When we make it to the house, I am relieved to see that Kade isn't home yet. I run to our bathroom, immediately, and pull his medicine bottle from the cabinet, doing math in my head. He got his refill on the second of the month. It's the 17th now. There are 28 pills in every bottle, and he is suppose to take one a day. He should only have 12 pills left.

My heart sinks when I count them again and again, realizing that there are 24 in the bottle. He's only taken four days worth in over two weeks. Is this why he has been even more sexual and fickle lately?

"What are you doing?" I hear a voice ask from the bathroom doorway.

I jump, gasping as the majority of the pills fall from my hands. "Kade! Baby, you scared me," I exclaim, dropping to my knees to pick up the meds.

"Why are you snooping in my stuff?" He asks.

I frown up to him. "Why haven't you been taking your meds, Baby?"

"Why have you been sleeping around?" He snaps, bitterly.

My mouth falls open and I stand. "This is the third time you have accused me of cheating on you. What is making you think that?" Noah pops up into the back of my mind, and I feel my heart begin to pound. I kind of did accidentally cheated, didn't I? I need to tell him. I can't hold this back anymore.

"Because you never spend time with me anymore!" He replies, angrily.

Oh, God. This is going to be a replay of a couple of months ago. "I try to!" I reply. "I'm either working on school work, cooking, or cleaning, and you're always working or out. Where do you even go to when you're out, anyways?" I ask, prying.