13. Heavy

Song: Float by Eden

I walk forward, disbelief filling my chest. "Iris, come back," Noah snaps, grabbing my wrist. "This could be a set-up."

I shake my head slowly, looking up to Noah. "It's not, Noah. That's my dad!" As the words leave my lips, I rush forward. "Quick, help me untie him!"

Noah stares at me, surprised for a moment, and then he dashes over to the chair with me. He takes one side as I take the other, swiftly trying to untie rope and rip away duct tape. I untie the rag knotted around the back of my dad's head, and as it falls from his mouth, he breaths my name. "Iris! Oh my god, you're alive," he sobs.

"Yes, I am," I say, calmly. "Now, calm down, and pull yourself together. We have to get out of here."

He takes a deep shaky breath, and as soon as the last restraint is removed, my father stands, stretching tall and groaning as he loosens up. No telling how long he has been tied up.

"Alright, Iris. Keep looking for a phone. Mr. Everbloom, can you help me tie up Iris's mom?" Noah asks, turning to my father.

My dad looks at me, puzzled. "Who is he?"

I glance over to Noah, and a small smile spreads across my face. "That's my boyfriend, Noah."  

As I say this, Noah's face lights up, and he grins. My dad nods back to him, smiling. "I'd be happy to."

My eyes begin to dart around the kitchen until they land on a white, wireless, landline right beside the stove. As my dad and Noah start to carry my mother to the chair, I rush over to the phone and dial 911.

It rings a couple of times, and then a woman's voice comes from the other end. "911- What is your emergency?"

"Hello, this is Iris Everbloom. Can you track this number and send help?"

***

*Cole's Point of View*

"Hello?" I ask, answering the phone.

Damian's voice comes from the other side. "They found Iris and Noah!"

I want to breath a sigh of relief. I want to tell Damian that that's great, and that I'm so happy that they have been found. Instead, though, all that comes from my mouth is a heavy sigh and even heavier news. "Damian, Kade tried to kill himself."

The line falls silent for a moment, and then Damian replies, quietly. "What?"

"I'm in the waiting room at the E.R. right now. They wouldn't tell me anything, since I'm not legally family, and I know that Kade would not want me calling his mother up here. I know who they would talk to, though."

"Who?" Damian asks immediately.

"The mother of his child," I say, bluntly.

"Have you tried calling Jess?"

"Yes," I reply. "But she isn't picking up her phone or answering any of my messages on Facebook. Is there any way that you guys could get Iris up here as fast as possible? We need to know what is going on."

"Uhh," Damian pauses, thinking. "I don't know. Lindsey and I are on our way to pick Iris and Noah up from the police station, now, and then it's a several hour drive back."

My head slumps, and I close my eyes. "That's fine. I just hope that he makes it that long."

Iris's Point of View