7. Bitchy Barbie

Song: Wake Up by Eden

The events of last night are the first thing that pop into my head when I wake up. Just the thought of Damian holding Noah back while I beg him not to fight as a drunken Kade cackles is enough to make my stomach turn.

I let out a shaky sigh, still half asleep, and pull Noah's pillow into my arms, inhaling the scent of his hair. I shiver, smiling as I smell something similar to lemon grass and a soft musk.

"What are you doing?" I hear a voice ask, laced with amusement.

My eyes fly open, and I find myself staring into Noah's eyes as he stands at the edge of the bed with a goofy grin splayed across his face.

I shove the pillow away quickly. "Uhm, nothing," I reply, awkwardly.

"Were you sniffing my pillow?"

I feel my face redden. "No! Why would I do that?"

He scoffs. "I don't know. Why would you do that, when I'm right here?" As he asks this, he pulls back the covers and lays beside me. I scooch away, giving him room, but he pulls me back to his warm chest.

I begin to try and wiggle out of his grip, but as soon as I feel his arms wrap around me tightly, I can't help but to sink into him, relaxing for the first time in days. "What are we doing?" I ask after a moment.

He rests his chin on the top of my head, cradling me. "Cuddling," he says, quietly. I can tell that he is aware that I am not completely comfortable with this.

"No, Noah," I mumble against his shoulder. "What are we doing? I mean, why are we cuddling?"

He lets out a long sigh and then presses his cheek to my temple. "I know that you need time to just-" He trails off, thinking of what to say. "I know you need time to feel OK about everything, again. I know you're going through a lot right now. I'm not trying to confuse you. I just-" He pauses, sighing again and squeezing me to him tighter.

"We're just two really good friends, trying to comfort each other after a horrible night?" I ask, trying to convince myself that this is the reason I am not shoving him away right now.

"Yea," Noah says, slowly rubbing his hand against the small of my lower back. I can tell that he is trying to convince himself of this too. Either that, or he is just settling for this answer. It's the best he is going to get right now. "That's what we're doing."

I pull the blanket up over us and then slide my arm around his torso.

"Damian isn't awake yet, so you have time to get ready," he murmurs with his lips pressed against my hair.

I close my eyes, feeling my whole body begin to light up as it is pressed against his. "Good," I reply.

"Do you remember our first day together?" Noah suddenly asks.

"That's very random," I say, smiling up to him. Our eyes meet, and I feel my breath catch in my throat. I hadn't realized that our faces were nearly touching.

His cheeks begin to warm, turning red, and he gives me a lopsided grin. "I know, but do you?"

I nod. "Yes, we made breakfast together."

He chuckles, lightly. "Do you remember what we made?"

I roll my eyes at his persistence. "Chocolate chip pancakes."

He smiles for a moment longer, and then his face grows serious as he pushes a lock of hair away from my face. "And, do you remember the reason you told me when you wouldn't kiss me back?" My eyes grow wide as I try to figure out how to respond. I finally just shake my head no. "You told me it's because you barely knew me," he mumbles, bringing his face even closer. "And now, you won't kiss me because some ass hole broke your heart, but Iris-" His hand cups my face as I stare up at him in shock for being so open. "Someday, you will kiss me, again. It won't be forced or fake or an accident next time, either. It will be because you want to." The smile returns to his face, but this time, its softer and more sympathetic. "Give yourself time, Love. I will be here when you're ready. I will wait for you. I just wanted you to know that."