Thirteen

Greyson and Raelynn were left alone in Fairy Godmother's office with her. The air was thick with hostility. Raelynn's cheeks were wet with tears, her face red with anger and her facial expression conveying that feeling. She had refused to sit, and stood in the corner of the room with her arms folded over her chest.

"So you're just gonna sit there and act like this is completely normal?" Rae snapped, glaring at Grey. "Don't you have anything to say for yourself? Yeah I get it was your mom but still. It's not okay, and I'm sure Fairy Godmother agrees with me."

"Raelynn, calm down," Fairy Godmother said. Grey's gaze never left the ground. "Greyson. Please explain why you did such dreadful things."

"That's all I ever get told. 'Calm down'..." Rae muttered. "Well go on, Grey." she prompted. However, Greyson said nothing. He looked up at Fairy Godmother.

"I want Mal, Ben, Carlos, Evie, Cecilia and Jay here..." he said very quietly.

"You want the very people you betrayed here?" Rae raised an eyebrow. Grey nodded. Fairy Godmother pressed a button in her office and told her assistant to bring the six teenagers in. For the rest of the time, the room was silent. The group of six entered the room one by one, Mal, then Ben, then Evie, then Jay, then Carlos and finally Cecilia.

"And why do I need to be here?" Mal asked, annoyed. Rae just shrugged.

"For some reason he wanted you here. I think it's just he doesn't want to be in a room alone with me..." Rae mumbled.

"No," Grey spoke up. "It's because you need to know why I did what I did. All of you do." he turned around and looked each of them in the eyes, his lingering over Rae's for a bit longer. When her eyes locked with Grey's, Rae's breath caught in her throat for a second.

"Go on then." Mal crossed her arms. Grey broke off the little staring contest he had with Rae and looked at Mal. He sighed and stood up, walking towards a wall so he could see everyone and leaned against it. "I never got the letter asking me to come to Auradon Prep." he began. "My mother got it, and Maleficent was with her at that exact time." Mal's face started to brew with anger at the mention of her mother. Noticing this, Ben put his arm around Mal to try to calm her down a bit. "Ever since Maleficent brought my mother back to life, my mother owed her a favour." Greyson continued. He looked at Mal. "When she came back, she was fucking pissed at you, but you were out of reach. She had been plotting revenge since she came back, but without her magic tools and no way to the Auradon, she had no chance. Until she saw I was invited to come here." He looked down. "I was supposed to get you guys sent to the Isle. All of you."

"That doesn't explain why you did it." Ceci pointed out. "You'd be safe from her here. If you didn't do it, nothing would've happened."

"I didn't think of that," Grey shrugged. "At the time, all I wanted was to get my friends back home. And make my mother proud of me for once," He looked at Rae. "I may be her biological child, but I've never had a chance against your mother. Anything I do is never good enough. I thought that if... if I did this..." he trailed off.

"Then you would make her proud and finally be good enough..." Rae whispered, finishing Grey's sentence for him. Tears pricked in her eyes.

"Grey... my mother used you for revenge. That is not okay." Mal said, shaking her head. "I need to go to the Isle. I need to."

"Mal, you can't. I was thinking last night, what would happen if I got the job done. None of the scenarios are ones I'd wish upon you," he smiled weakly, but it faded almost instantly. He looked up at the ceiling. "I thought I was doing the right thing. But even after the first prank..."

"Where you recorded me singing." Rae hissed, agitation in her tone. She glanced at Mal before looking at Grey. He looked down in shame.

"The opportunity was there, and I took it. But by the next day I wished I hadn't done it." He looked at Rae. "That doesn't excuse what I've done. And never will. But I am sorry." He looked at his friends... former friends? He wasn't sure. "I'm sorry to what I did to all of you." Mal took a deep breath.

"Grey, I'm not blaming you. It was my mother. If anything, this is my fault. She wants me. But she used you. I forgive you." she said, smiling slightly.

"Could I ever not forgive my partner in crime?" Jay placed a hand on Grey's shoulder. However, Rae looked at the floor and stayed silent.

"The time in my room wasn't that bad." Carlos shrugged.

"Didn't we do a similar thing when we first got here?" Evie smiled slightly.

"Well you know, we're VKs. We are and always will be. We're rotten to the core." Mal smiled.

"This is the reason you're here. To realise your mistakes and change. Of course you will all always be villain kids, but you're accepted here and, Grey, this is good that you've told the truth. I'm proud of you." Ben smiled.

"The fact remains," Fairy Godmother, who had been quiet this entire time, interjected. "That you still must be punished." Grey nodded. He knew it was coming.

"I understand. And if you decide to send me back to the Isle... I will go without any struggle." Fairy Godmother shook her head.

"That was my original intention, but after hearing your reasoning..." she stopped and looked at Rae who was still looking at the ground. "Excuse me, I must make a call." Rae looked up for a second before gluing her eyes back onto the floor. She just felt really out of place. She walked towards the door and tried to leave the room, but Ceci grabbed her arm.

"Don't." she whispered.

"Why not." Rae sighed.

"Just don't."

"Fine." Rae muttered, going back to where she was stood before and looked at Grey for a moment. After around ten minutes of awkward chatter, Fairy Godmother came back into the room.

"I have made my decision. As you may know, we have the next week off for the anniversary of the creation of Auradon and all of you will be going home... or to someone's home," she said the last bit awkwardly to the VKs. "Greyson, originally you were going to stay with Ben, Jay and Mal at Ben's home but... I've made some alternate plans..." she explained. "Greyson, you will be staying over at Rapunzel and Eugene Fitzherbert's castle in order to settle down this little 'rivalry' once and for all." Fairy Godmother decreed.