Twenty Four

"Break your heart?" Rae asked after they had parted. "A long time ago I may have been a heartbreaker but I'm definitely not now... those were my queen bee days." Grey shook his head.

"Not what I meant. What are you talking about?"

"Once upon a time, I was the queen of Auradon Prep, better than Audrey, better than Ben. All princesses wanted to be my friend and all princes wanted to be my boyfriend." Rae explained. "I was definitely the heartbreaking popular princess back then." Grey reached out and stroked her hair.

"I can see why."

"What did you mean?" Rae asked, a faint pink growing on her cheeks, though it couldn't be seen because of the night's darkness. Grey sighed and moved his hand to her cheek, his thumb stroking her cheekbone.

"As soon as this spell is broken you'll leave."

"What? What are you talking about? Spell? What spell?" Rae asked, confusion in her tone. He chuckled.

"Not an actual one, flower."

"Oh. Right. Well then what do you mean?"

"I mean that, when the moment is over, we'll go back to what we were before. That this will never happen again," Grey said sadly, and pecked her cheek. "I've already accepted that."

"Well I haven't and I won't." Rae kissed him again. He kissed her back, but pulled away, even though everything but his brain was telling him to continue.

"Raelynn. Your parents hate me. I exposed your biggest secret. Hell, I'm supposed to be your worst enemy. You don't want to be with me."

"Why the fuck would I be here kissing you if I didn't want to be with you?" Rae pointed out. "You aren't your mother, and I know you regret what you did. I've been lying to myself this whole time, telling myself I hate you. But I don't. I should, but I don't."

"I don't know why you're here but I'm glad you are." He murmured and brushed his lips to hers. "You will hate me. Eventually. Everyone else does."

"That's wrong. Mal doesn't hate you. Evie doesn't hate you. Carlos doesn't hate you. Jay doesn't hate you. Ben doesn't hate you. Cecilia doesn't hate you. Heck, even Maddie doesn't hate you. And I definitely don't." Rae said.

"I'll pretend I believe that. 'Lynn I can't ask you to do this."

"Don't call me Lynn, Grey." Rae said firmly. "But anyway, ask me to do what?"

"I can't ask you to be with me."

"Why not? Is this about our parents?"

"Partly..." Grey admitted. "I'm also a VK. You deserve better," He ran his hand through her hair. "Someone who won't hurt you. someone who doesn't have a past like mine. Someone that would treat you better. Soon you'll realise that I'm not that guy."

"But Grey." Rae said softly, touching his hand. "That doesn't matter. If I didn't want to be with you why would I have had breakdowns over you? Why would I care? None of this stopped Ben and Mal or Evie and Doug or Jane and Carlos or Jay and Maddie. I'm willing to take that chance... yeah there's complications but we can work around it. Grey smiled and kissed her again.

"I don't want you to get hurt by something I  might do. And I..." he choked up a bit, "I don't think I could could take you breaking my heart when you realise you deserve better." a tear fell down his cheek.

"Shut up, Grey. Just shut up." Rae said, kissing the single tear and then kissing his lips. Grey gave in and decided to enjoy the moment, pulling her closer.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE??" came a shout, making the couple part and Grey lose all colour.

[𝟔] 𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔, 𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 ( descendants ) [✔️]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara