Twenty Two

The car ride was one of the most awkward experiences either teen had been through. Grey greeted Eugene who said nothing in return. Rae had expected it to be awkward, but not as bad as it was. 'A whole week of this- great.' she thought as she got out of the car. Grey grabbed his bag and stood awkwardly to the side of the car.

"MY BABY!" a running (and barefoot) Rapunzel called. Rae ran (also barefoot) up to her mother and hugged her.

"Hey mom." she said. Grey, still standing to the side of the car looked at the mother-daughter pair with quite a bit of jealousy. Rae stepped back from her mother and stood next to Grey.

"Uh... mom, this is Greyson... the son of Mother Gothel..." she introduced him with a slightly awkward tone.

"Nice to meet you..." said Grey after a couple seconds of silence as Rapunzel scanned him. "I've heard quite a bit about you..." He continued and then realised what he just said. A very awkward silence filled the air.

"From me." Rae quickly added to get rid of the silence. "He's heard a lot about you from me."

"You talk to him?" Eugene raised his eyebrows.

"Well, sometimes. But dad let's not do this now. Please." Rae said. "Aaaand I just made everything ten times more awkward..." Rae mumbled. Rapunzel nodded, but her face showed she didn't believe that.

"Matilda." she called. When the housekeeper came behind her, she continued. "Show our guest to his room."

"Mom, I'd be fine with showing him..." Rae suggested.

"Matilda is perfectly capable of doing that." Rapunzel said in a harsher tone than anyone had ever heard her talk. Grey followed Matilda silently.

"Mom... I swear he's not all that bad." Rae mumbled as Grey and Matilda walked away. Rapunzel said nothing and turned around to the house.

"Your mother just wants to protect you." Eugene said, hugging his daughter.

"I know... but it's not like he's going to kidnap me is he?" Rae sighed and entered the house, pulling her suitcase behind her.

Once Rae had put her suitcase in her room and left Zivon in there it was pretty much time for dinner to be served. She had gotten changed into a quite white dress decorated with purple and pink flowers with her brown hair braided, and her bare feet as always. She walked down the hallway and knocked on the door to Grey's room.

"Come in..." a voice said. Rae slowly opened the door and peeked around it, almost tripping in the process, but she caught herself on the door.

"It's time for dinner." she said in a gentle tone. Grey smirked.

"I know I'm attractive but there's no need to fall at my feet." The smirk faded as he stood up. He looked over her outfit and his jaw dropped but he managed to compose  himself. Rae rolled her eyes and then smirked slightly.

"Do close your mouth, you'll end up catching flies."

"Please. Look who's talking." he laughed as he exited the room, Rae at his side.

"Fuck off." Rae rolled her eyes.

"Really?" Grey said turning to her. "You really want me to do that?" He stepped closer. Before Rae could reply, Rapunzel came down the hallway.

"I-" Rae quickly stepped back when she saw her mother. "Oh hey mom..." she waved slightly. Grey turned a bit red and stepped back into a wall.

"Hi." he mumbled. Rapunzel nodded but was deep in thought.

'What is going on between them?' Rapunzel thought as she walked past the teens.