chapter ⁴

❝ Cancer can be as sweet as candyor as cold as ice

Cancer can be as sweet as candy
or as cold as ice. Betray them
once and you'll pay the price

 Betray themonce and you'll pay the price ❞

"SPILL." SKY AND KINGSTON both demanded as soon as I sat down at our lunch table. Ever since I'd told my friends and family about Mars, they've been badgering me nonstop.

"He's from—"

"Is he cute?" Sky interrupted immediately.

"Do you like him?" Kingston questioned.

"Is he cute?"

"Did you guys kiss yet?"

"But is he cute?"

"Let Char speak, then maybe she can tell you." Noah interjected quickly and I smiled at him gratefully.

"Yes, let Char speak." They quieted down and I gave them the same play-by-play that I'd told my parents. Unsurprisingly, they still had many questions.

Sky looked disappointed, "That's it?"

"We had literally just met, what else did you want to happen?"

"Fair enough." Knowing Sky, she probably thought we were getting married tomorrow.

We talked about fickle conversation topics involving typical school life. I sipped my water as they talked about the upcoming football game this week.

Noah stared at something behind me, cutting Kingston off, "Not to be creepy, but someone's staring at us."

I turned my head and sure enough, Cade was looking over at our table. His hazel eyes were trained on mine with a neutral expression. Since his hair was dry now, I could tell that his hair was actually a dirty blond.