chapter ³⁶

❝ A Pisces is like water—strong enoughto drown youbut deep enoughto save you ❞

A Pisces is like water—
strong enough
to drown you
but deep enough
to save you

❝ A Pisces is like water—strong enoughto drown youbut deep enoughto save you ❞

I COULDN'T MOVE.

My wrists were tied together so tightly that I couldn't even move them a millimeter. My ankles, too, were bound, even though I kept trying to break free.

I was blind. A bandana covered my vision and prevented me from seeing where the hell I was.

And my heart hurt, too. How could I forget the persistent throbbing where something collided with the back of my head to knock me out?

When I found out who did this to me they were going to be sorry.

"I'm sorry it has to be this way, Char," Thom's voice startled me. I could tell he was in the same room as I was and not too far. "But we couldn't let you leave."

"Did you kidnap Cade?" I demanded but I already knew the answer.

"Yes."

"If you fucking hurt him in any way I'm going to—"

"We didn't."

I was beyond angry at him. I wanted to kill him and revive him just so I could kill him again.

"He was your friend. We both were. We both came to you and trusted you to keep everything a secret."

"I know you're willing to risk your lives for each other but you have to learn that your actions have consequences. You can't run and expect all of your problems to magically disappear," Thom said, "I know you think love will save you but it won't. Love isn't everything."

"You're wrong. You just don't understand because you've never had anyone to love."

"Love alone doesn't solve everything. Sometimes you realize love just isn't enough."

I heard some more rustling and anxiously wondered what they were going to do with me. Hopefully send me to the same place they sent Cade.

"They were offering half a million dollars. Just for one of you." Thom said suddenly.