chapter ²⁴

❝ A Pisces is all sweet until youhit the wrong button ❞

A Pisces is all sweet until you
hit the wrong button

❝ A Pisces is all sweet until youhit the wrong button ❞

MY HEART WAS BEATING a mile a minute. My palms were so sweaty that I almost dropped the books in my arms and made a fool of myself infront of the whole class.

Cade and Angelina walked in together with bright smiles, swinging their hands back and forth like they came straight out of a romantic comedy.

That was. . . until they saw me and time froze.

I gave a weak wave and Angelina actually waved back, which caught me off guard for a second. But Cade stared straight through me, as if I was just nothing to him. And I didn't blame him, I was a total waste of space and energy. I was the one who rejected him, I was the one who left him, and I was the one who came back. . . for him.

They sat down across from me, which was the exact moment Mrs. Carrie decided to talk. Thank Gods, I didn't want to make conversation with them.

"I know the bell hasn't rung yet but I have some very exciting news to share with you all!" She exclaimed. "As you may not know, Cade and Angelina's project on 'The Science of Attraction' was the best I'd ever seen in all of my years of teaching. I was so impressed that I nominated them for a Genius Award, and the judges have accepted my nomination!"

Everyone clapped loudly and all eyes were on the pair. But all I could think about was that Mars and I had helped on that project, too, so why weren't we mentioned?

"Your next step is to travel to Centrum and explain your research to the judges, and hopefully they will approve you for the next round!" Mrs. Carrie sounded like a little kid who'd just won the lottery. "They were very impressed with your theories and the fact that you explored a relatively new concept. I'll talk to you two more later after class."

They both nodded and she finally got to the chem part of chem class.

Okay, so what if they were perfect for each other? Whatever.