chapter ²⁵

❝ Aries: mirror mirror on the wall,I'll always get up after I fall,Whether I run, walk, or crawl,I'll set my goals and achieve them all ❞

Aries: mirror mirror on the wall,
I'll always get up after I fall,
Whether I run, walk, or crawl,
I'll set my goals and achieve them all

❝ Aries: mirror mirror on the wall,I'll always get up after I fall,Whether I run, walk, or crawl,I'll set my goals and achieve them all ❞

"CADE? AS IN, CADE the Pisces? Why would you come back for him?" She was more intrigued than surprised. How could she not connect the dots already?

"Because," I muttered and forced the words out before I lost my nerve, "Ikindoflikehim."

"Pardon?"

I shook my head and tried to calm my erratic heartbeat.

"I. Kind. Of. Like. Him."

Veronica didn't react like I thought she would. I assumed she would judge me and point out everything wrong with that statement. Capricorn's gave constructive criticism and concrete advice since they processed events logically, but she did none of those things.

"Am I hearing you correctly? I think I'm going deaf." She made an exaggerated effort to stick her fingers in her ear.

"Nope, you heard me. And I'm not saying it again."

"Okay, but how? For one, you're both matched and for another, you're total opposites. It seems way too random, I'm having a hard time picturing it."

"Well, it just kind of happened," I shrugged my shoulders because I honestly didn't know either. My life was a mess.

"But I've never even seen you two together. When did this even happen?"

"Long story short, he saved me from drowning and we just started seeing each other everywhere," I explained vaguely, "And then, I don't really know when it happened, but I guess I kind of developed feelings."

"Does he return those feelings?"

"He was actually the one who wanted to run away, but I turned him down. He probably hates me now." Looking back, I regret everything I'd told him in that moment. I wished things could be different but I think I'd already lost my chance.