chapter ⁵

❝ Treat a Leo like a Queen andshe'll treat you like a King

Treat a Leo like a Queen and
she'll treat you like a King.
Treat a Leo like a game and
she'll show you how it's played

MARS INVITED ME TO watch one of his football games in his sector after school on Friday

MARS INVITED ME TO watch one of his football games in his sector after school on Friday. It wasn't the best place to have a second date—although he did manage to get me a seat in the VIP section behind the player's bench so I guess that made me feel special.

The game was between Regulus Zeta and Zaniah Nu. Mars's team was leading by seven points and it was the last quarter.

"They're pretty good, huh?" A girl next to me observed and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know a lot about football but they aren't losing so I guess that's good." Mars gave me a crash course in football just before the game but it had stuck just as well as the periodic table I was supposed to memorize.

She smiled and glanced at me, "Are you from Terebellum?"

"How'd you know?"

"I can tell from your school uniform. Why are you all the way over here?"

"I'm watching my boyfriend." Giving him that label made me smile.

She searched the field, "Which number is he?"

"Number ninety-nine."

I spotted him lining up opposite Zaniah Nu's quarterback. When she recognized him, she gasped.

"Your boyfriend is Mars? Wow, I never would've guessed," she rushed to explain herself when I raised an eyebrow, "And by that I mean that he didn't seem like the type of person to get matched."

"Are you friends with him?"

"No but my brother knows him. He's actually right there, he's number twelve." I had trouble finding him until she pointed at the opponent's side. "He's the quarterback."

The referee blew his whistle and the field switched players. Mars ran over and took a seat on the bench infront of me. He threw his helmet on the ground, fuming.