chapter ⁹

❝ Sagittarius loves to make you laugh—even when you may not want to ❞

Sagittarius loves to make you laugh
—even when you may not want to

BEAN THERE, DONE THAT was overflowing with the lunch rush when I walked in

BEAN THERE, DONE THAT was overflowing with the lunch rush when I walked in. Fortunately, I managed to find a seat in the bar area and after waiting for a few minutes, I finally spotted Sky and waved her over. Even with all that stress, she still managed to look calm.

"It's about time, I've aged ten years." I joked and she stretched her arms above her head.

"Oh, shut up," she said playfully, "Maybe I should put you to work."

I gasped dramatically, "You wouldn't dare."

"Hell-o, aren't you going to take my order?" Peter, one of our classmates, demanded impatiently as he waited in line.

Sky rushed to take his order and make his double espresso. When she came back, three more people were already in line.

"I can't have one minute to myself."

"Are you the only one working? Where's Daphne?" I knew she worked the same shifts too.

"She called in sick and the manager's stuck in traffic at the moment so I have to hold down the fort until he gets here." A pack of seventh years entered the café and she exhaled loudly as the line grew passed the door.

"You know, I could help." I offered and she snorted.

"No way, you'd probably end up mixing orders and burning down the place." She was right, I did try the worker bee lifestyle at a bakery once but got fired because I forgot about the cake in one of the ovens.

"Come on, Sky, that was only one time." She knew she desperately needed the help.

"One second," she left to take the seventh years' orders and then rushed to make them as more people came in.

"I can take the orders and you can make them."

Sky tightened her ponytail and finally gave up, "Okay but you know you're not getting paid, right?"