chapter ⁸

❝ The sting of a Scorpio is no fable,especially if betrayed ❞

The sting of a Scorpio is no fable,
especially if betrayed

IT TOOK ABOUT HALF AN HOUR for me to get up and walk out the door

I'd listened to Cade and actually enrolled myself in a beginner art class at the Studio Commons. As always, I tried to have an open mind but the instructor had wasted all of our time talking about the importance of art and we hadn't even picked up a brush yet.

So I decided to do things my own way and sit on a bench in the park. It was a warm, sunny day and I didn't want to waste it sitting inside all day.

I drew everything around me, some sketches came out good while others. . . not so much.

"What are you doing?" I looked up and smiled as a little girl with huge brown eyes approached me.

"I'm drawing. Would you like to see?" I showed her the speckled Dalmatian I sketched when it had run by.

Her forehead crinkled in confusion, "What is it?"

"It's a dog!"

"Oh." Judging from her face, I could tell she couldn't see it.

I flipped the page, "You know what, let's just forget about that one." I showed her the squirrel next. I thought it was pretty good but she didn't seem to think so.

"It's the sun, right?"

"Am I really that bad?"

The little girl decided not to answer me and instead ran over to the fountain where her parents were talking. Maybe art wasn't my calling after all.

I closed my sketchbook and was about to walk home but then spotted a familiar black guitar case. . . which belonged to a certain Pisces.